One more reason why I hate cops...

Old Hippie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:) Oddly here, the cops have little or no sense of humour. I recall my reply once, when a PIG ...

...stopped me for speeding in Maryland. I was in a brand new Volvo,traveling with my 19 yo girlfriend , a stunner who was 14 years younger than me. I knew I was going pretty fast.

Pig: "Know how fast you were going?"

Me: "Pretty fast"

P: "Come back to my cruiser"

He shows me the radar gun, which reads 98.6 mph.

I cleverly say "That's not my speed. That's my body temperature." (37C = 98.6F)

He say "You think you're funny, huh?"

I tell him that since I'm going to get a ticket anyway, I may as well make the best f it.

His response? "I think you're drunk"

Being a non-drinker, I bet him double-or-nothing on the ticket that I'd blow a zero on the Breathalyzer.

Passed the Breathalzer. He gave me a ticket for doing 69 on the interstate.

Maybe he did have a sense of humor! :)

Back in the day if you fell off your bike and hit your head on the sidewalk, you picked yourself up and went home crying to mom. That was the end of it.

Same thing happens today and the parents are suing the city, the company that laid the cement, and the architect who drew up the plans. They all should have done more to let little Johnny know that he might fall and get hurt.

Fucked up rules for a fucked up society.

Disclaimer: Not defending the cops but this is the one and only time I really ever had personal contact in my 40 years on Earth.

Heavy night of drinking at the bar and it wasn't over yet. I stopped by the local beer store on my way to a buddy's house to continue the evening. I noticed on the way over a police car behind me. I drove right past his house and made a couple of turns, stopped completely at the stop sign, turned into my apartment complex and was followed in by said officer.

I knew why he came after me, he knew why so there was really no point in arguing. He asked me a few questions, I didn't try to be too funny at all, was nice and polite. The only funny answer I gave was when he asked how much I had to drink, I told him 37 dollars worth, as that was the tab at the bar I was at. Beer costs 2.50 a piece so I had quite a few over the night.

He had me do several sobriety tests, which I think I did well at. Walked the line perfectly and counted my steps to the appropriate number, stood on one leg and counted to 19 as he asked, followed his light with my eyes only, not moving my head as he directed. Then came the breathalizer. I knew there was no cheating the machine.

I blew and blew until it beeped and he said to stop. He looked at the machine then at me and asked if I knew the legal limit in my state. I said, "I think so" (.08) He showed me the machine and it read .24.

By this time there were 2 other cruisers there for a total of 3 cops. The initial officer looked behind me and saw my kids' bikes and asked if I had kids. I told him I did. He hesitated for a second or two and said grab my box of beer from the car and go in the house and lock the door. I wanted to kiss him but just opted for a thank you instead. One of the other cops said don't thank him, he said, if it was me doing the test, I would be in jail. I silently grabbed my beer, locked my car and went in the house.

I think this happened alot in the old days where they would tell you to just go home, or whatever and stop for the night but this day and age I think this story is rare. Almost never happens, I bet. I still remember the cop's name and will be a donater to the police dept. in his name for quite a while.

Archived