Low season=s price gourging

STFORME

Well here it is, major low season in Pattaya. So what do the fu*king Thais do? Rip off the Farang!

Here's how it went tonight on Walking Street. I stop in a pharmacy to buy a box of Tylenol. The box is off-orange instead of red. I ask polititly to the owner if they are counterfit. She goes into a rage about how dare I accuse her of selling counterfit drugs. Next on to a small,Thai owned, upstairs go-go that I have never been to before. They tell me its a bt 300 cover charge to get in. I tell them in not so nice Thai what they can do with their cover charge. And the final straw was the cunt selling barbarque pork near Coyote's. I order 8 and when they were ready, she told me it was bt. 160. Fuck me, even in Bk by the most greedy street vendors I have never been charged over bt 10/ea. Not the money, but the principle!!.

I, in very deragatory, Thai told her what she could do with the food. Its only bound to get worse. Luckily there are many good bars and businesses that are owned by Farangs, where this type of shit would NEVER happen

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how you feel, its a typical thai reaction, low season so put the prices up, however, pharmacies on the whole only sell ligit medicenes, I am sure you can get the dodgy stuff but that would be under the counter so I can understand the pharmacists reaction.

As for the cover charge, I would of been more polite with a "mai ow khrup", always better to be polite in these places than kick up a fuss.

And lastly with the vendor, I always ask the price 1st....

You are always going to be fleeced in LOS, the trick is to keep the loss to a minimal amount, smiling and joking always helps

Sounds like you had a bad day....

Yeah, sounds like he was in a bad mood.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the prices girls were charging, not food and medicine and shitty bars I wouldn't want to go into anyway.

Btw, is the price of those barbeque things really 10b each now? I've been coming to Thailand (mostly Bangkok not Pattaya) for over 12 years now and I still can't remember. But 10b sounds a little cheap. As far as I know, worldwide prices of all agricultural commodities, especially meat, have been rising recently as China and India get more prosperous. (I'm trying to think how best to buy into it.)

Last I knew you could still get a skewer stick full of chicken assholes for 5 baht per skewer.

As for pharmacy, you can always go to Tesco or Carefore and pay the same price everyone pays, but that is generally higher then the small pharmacy price.

300 baht for cover charge does seem high. What the hell do you get for 300 baht?

Well here it is, major low season in Pattaya. So what do the fu*king Thais do? Rip off the Farang!

Here's how it went tonight on Walking Street. I stop in a pharmacy to buy a box of Tylenol. The box is off-orange instead of red. I ask polititly to the owner if they are counterfit. She goes into a rage about how dare I accuse her of selling counterfit drugs. Next on to a small,Thai owned, upstairs go-go that I have never been to before. They tell me its a bt 300 cover charge to get in. I tell them in not so nice Thai what they can do with their cover charge. And the final straw was the cunt selling barbarque pork near Coyote's. I order 8 and when they were ready, she told me it was bt. 160. Fuck me, even in Bk by the most greedy street vendors I have never been charged over bt 10/ea. Not the money, but the principle!!.

I, in very deragatory, Thai told her what she could do with the food. Its only bound to get worse. Luckily there are many good bars and businesses that are owned by Farangs, where this type of shit would NEVER happen

Real low season ? yeah, you're on the button there.

Entrance charge ? never heard of one outside of the long since vanished "dance contests" and they included a free drink.

Different things on the barbie cost different prices. Small pork or similar Bt5, big "flat" one Bt10. Chicken varies in price a lot more.

Sorry but seems to be a string of amazing "coincidences" there, none of which I have ever run into and I live in Pattaya.

\

Next on to a small,Thai owned, upstairs go-go that I have never been to before. They tell me its a bt 300 cover charge to get in. I tell them in not so nice Thai what they can do with their cover charge. And the final straw was the cunt selling barbarque pork near Coyote's. I order 8 and when they were ready, she told me it was bt. 160. Fuck me, even in Bk by the most greedy street vendors I have never been charged over bt 10/ea. Not the money, but the principle!!.

I think is 10B per stick on Walking Street and 5B on others like 2nd road.

What gogo charges cover in Pattaya? I think he was just trying to rip you off.

But you shouldn't lose your cool. Plenty of other places.......

Been coming coming here monthly from Bk for the past 6 years. And now living here for the last 14 days. Never had a nite like last nite! And the barbarque vendor was the final straw. I know what the prices are. I have enough Thai friends and contacts down here where I could have had this little cunt put in her place, but I decided to sound off on this board instead. Email me where your bar is and I'll stop by and buy you a cold one.

I have been called names passing beer bars near my hotel in the afternoon ('mafia', crazy'), just because I didn't go there. Hours later, passing the same bar again other girls called 'sexy man, where you go...'

Would I ever set a foot into these bars where they call me names when business is flat? Not even if the beer and girls were for free!!

Some girls and vendors must be very desperate, insulting and cheating tourists, as there are only few tourists now... Still, do they realise that they are 'killing' their own business?

Archived