Low season=s price gourging

STFORME

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

That 300 baht cover charge upstairs GoGo could have been Hot Girls. They normally don't charge when you walk in off the street. It's one of those places where the touts take punters, and charge like wounded bulls.

I'm in Urumqi western China atm where you'll be pleased to know that shish kebab is still only 5 baht. But alas you can't mess with the local Muslim Uighur women or your balls may end up on the next skewer! ouch!

Looking forward to returning to Disneyworld in about 3 weeks time!

Man, Urumqi - I feel for you! Have spent some time back in 95-96 in Korla, Urumqi, Kashgar and Tashkurgan (and 'towns' south of the Taklamakan) and that is one out-there part of the world to be in -- at least it seems now they have Internet!

About hotels and prices:

An hotel does not try at all costs to be full every night.

If the cost of an hotel room (maids who have to be paid to clean it, cost of water, electricity, breakfast etc...) is 1200 bht then the hotel will (almost) always refuse to sell the room at a price below this mark.

About soi 33: Where did you hear that expats are no longer on expat package?????

All my colleagues are still on package and the ones who are on a local contract were recruited here. (and they do not really have to complain)

Soi 33 going downhill? Yes many bars are not going well but in the same time some bars are making excellent business.

I can mention 2 bars where bill padding is common.

3 bars where I never felt comfortable (due to various reasons)

But I can mention 5-6 bars that I like a lot.

Big spenders? I still see some big spenders

(more or less than before? do not know)

In my usual bar 1 month ago I spent 13K in drinks with my girlfriend and 2 friends (and the staff)

and we were not the biggest spender.....

-> there was a group of 5 farangs who spent 5 hours there with a group of around 8-9 girls

knowing that the girls sip their drinks in around 20 min and that the refill are ordered without problems = A huge lot of money

:beer:

Archived