Bangkok Pattaya motorway update?

Palatkik

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too busy "working"???

...or did you stop off at..."The 4 floors"... on the way to the Airport...and lose track of time...5555555555

i did not go to Orchard Tower, but had to do a couple of urgent things...

now i am back in LOS, pretty hot and a fucking dry day tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

I drove from BKK to Pattaya in 95 Mins around mid day yesterday. That was from Rama IX (Bangkapi area)to Pattaya Klaeng / Second Road. There are now only 2 of the flyovers left to be completed and once they are BKK-Pattaya will be sub 90 minutes again,

Bangphra Let me guess you went for a round of golf.

Admittidly Route 7 surface leaves a lot to be desired, but 5 lanes of a few ruts is far better than 2 lanes of potholes that make your average BG's acne seem as smooth as a babies bum.

I don't usualy use the motorway, Bangna-Trat is more convineient and shorter for me from where I live, it just so happened I had business in Bangkapi yesterday and the motorway made sense. Still some work required on that stretch of road but compared to 2 years ago (ie when roadworks on Chonburi Bypass were ongoing) it is getting a lot better.

From my home in BKK to office in Sri Racha is only 110 KM / 66 miles which in a lot of countries is a comfortable daily commute, but due to the ongoing road construction for the past 30+ months has proved intolerable hence the reason I have a second home in Pattaya for mid-week use (its a dirty job but someone has to do it).

Hopefully some time soon in the near future BKK-Sriracha will be a daily commute again and I can be home 7 nights a week instead of just 3. Compared to filling a suitcase and flying off to some far flung location for 3 months at a time I have it a lot easier now compared to that, but I still leave home Monday AM with some cloths and am in "At Work Mode" during the week until I return Friday PM.

Maybe I just getting a boring old fart, but I like my home and I like my own bed.

TB,

There is a lot of truth in your jest. When I first met my Mr's way back then I was many weeks away a few weeks back in BKK. Over the years it has got to the stage where I am home (we are together) most weekends and holidays, and as such the family comes into play more.

To be honest, If I had of gone from being away 75% of the time to being home 100% of the time I doubt very much our relationship would have survived. I used to resent my in-laws I had the weekends at the family home where I was being bombarded with requests for copies of qualifications and proof of Bank Balance which I totally refused to divulge ... in retrospect it only made things more difficult between us all but that is now history.

Even though I am not there yet, I do think about retirement years, what can I do to not get bored and how to keep the other half happy, I will probably continue posting drivel on forums to try to antagonise a respose :neener:

Made it from Sathorn to Pattaya Klaeng in 80 minutes the Wednesday after NY.

Use the Bangna-Trat elevaeted and Chonburi By-Pass.

Overpasses on Chonburi By-pass almost done. Only 2 overpasses between Chonburi and Laem Chabang left (one is going to be a while).

We are so close to having it done after, what almost 3 years since they started digging up the trees in median? Been driving (well, riding) it at least once a week for the whole time.

KKN,

If memory serves me right it was Chonburi by-pass that was a mess until about April '06 and then they started on the section between the Motorway and Highway 36.

Most times I use Bangna-Trat since I live chong nonsri / yannawa district less than 1KM from the tollway entry ramp (one of the reasons we live here) but sometimes I have business in BKK and travel to ESB from other locations and use the motorway.

Same as yourself, I have been making the journey up and down between BKK and ESB at least once a week for the whole duration of this mess usualy at the worse time of the week outbound monday morning inbound friday evening, I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

Archived