Soi Cowboy area eats

Neo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the fish and chips shop last week because it's aircondionned inside. It was edible enough, took seabass with chips I tink at 90 baht, codd was 150.

And I do miss Old Siam as well, had my first tom yam kung ever there in 1990...memories....

I agree with you SD about Giusto, I was there a f year ago with TGF for lunch and the food and wine were very good but the price for 2 was 2,500 baht. Other guests were just japanese - not a big surprise as little Japan more or less ends there. :D

Very good and quite cheap Thai food is right up the street from Cowboy. Walk up soi 23 - toward the university- and take the first right. 50 meters in is Wannakarm. Great menu and great prices.

Would have to say mostly middle class Thais - the falang and a bar girl is rare.

A few meters from Wannakarm is Pak Bakery which has great lunch specials...less than a hundred baht, with regular bakery stuff all the time.

The other great seafood place is between Soi 25 and Soi 27 - New Sri Fah restaurant. Bar girl friendly for sure and you can sit at sidewalk tables and eat.

Both will be a great dinner for only a few hundred baht.

If you really want adventure walk all the way up Soi 23 to the university. You might be surprised that many Thais know Soi 23 for that and not for Soi Cowboy.

If you do go there please try and make falang look good.

There is also SUDA Restaurant right next to that overprized Seafood place on Sukhumvit... It has great Thai and Chinese food for low-end prizes although the place is always crowded and cramped. Except of the nice granny running the shop, all waiters are - well, a bit "slow" and will forget any order exceeding two dishes.

It is on Soi 14, 20 meter into the Soi, sitting outside no Aircon.

Archived