Soi Cowboy area eats

Neo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose it depends on what you mean by decent. There are certainly plenty of places to get a bite but I'm sure they vary a lot. Off the top of my head the following places come to mind.

On the Cowboy

The place next to Rawhide, but never been there.

Sams 2000 (near Tilac I thnk)

Cowboy 1 or 2, can't remember which does food.

On Soi 23

The Old Dutch

The Ship Inn

Downunder (great pies)

The Fish and Chip Shop

Italian Restaurant in the apartment building on the corner of Sukhumvit

One or maybe two Vietnamese restaurants further up the soi

German place across the road from that fancy looking night club (on the back route to Soi 31 but very close to Soi 23)

Assorted small Thai restaurants even further up the Soi

Chok Chai steak house in the small complex at the junction where you turn left to go to Asoke

Asoke

I can only think of Neil's Tavern in the Prime Building.

I'm sure there are plenty of other places that I've forgotten or never heard of.

I'll leave it up to others to say which of these or others are decent.

Never mind that word "decent", just anything is worth mention. Even the 50 baht Greek gyro cart inside cowboy for instance! On the other end of the scale there is also Chokchai steakhouse, but I was not real impressed by their burger though others have had positive things to say about that place. Keep 'em comin.

Haven't been there in some time, but there was a nice Indian restaurant if you started walking north from the east end of Cowboy and went past the foot massage places. I found it by accident when a taxi brought me in that way. Quite good food, but the poor owner looked like we were the first customers all week. Who even knew it was there?

:dunno:

.....I do miss Old Siam which was moreless across the street from cowboy...not sure what is there now, still empty maybe...

There was also a German beer garden on 23 directly opposite the end of Cowboy. Clsoed a few years ago but plot still empty last time I looked.

They are building on that plot now. I do miss that place. Great Jagerschnitzel.

You forgot Giusto. Yummy Italian. Corner of Green Route and Soi 23.

And in the Jasmine City building (soi 23 and Suk), there's a Subway and a pizza/pasta place, both open 24 hours, I believe.

Cheers,

SD

I miss Old Siam as well. At least i think thats the place i'm thinking of? I never bothered with any of the more upmarket places in and around soi 23 but have had some reasonable eats in Love Scene and Old Dutch. Also fond of the odd bit of fish or pie and chips at Off Shore although i've always thought the girls doing the serving and cooking there look as if they'd be happier giving you a blow job than fish and chips?! I can only assume they "graduate" from the Off Shore bar next door? I've actually had some quite decent food at Penny Black but the service can be very hit and miss to put it mildly. Hav'nt been in the Ship Inn for so long would'nt want too comment on there. If you don't mind a short walk theres a Thai/Chinese/seafood near the corner of soi 27 (can't remember the name?) that my wife rather rates, but must admit i did'nt think it was anything special myself the times we've been there.

Simie.

Archived