Tailors in Bangkok

coldbeer

I will be in BKK in early August. Any recommendations on quality tailors (for suits and sport jackets) appreciated. I had used Raja's - the one near NEP - before. Is he still there?

I have not been in BKK for several years. Staying at JW Marriott but will be arriving on a Saturday night and leaving on a Thursday morning. Not sure if I can get a quality job done in that time frame.

Any info, experiences, recommendations appreciated.

Also - are any of these places open on Sundays?

Thanks, in advance

One more thing - what is the price range these days for the top line materials suits?

CB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last I was there (about 1 year ago) Rajas was there and not looking like it was going anywhere! I've always had good luck with his work. And the prices have not changed in the 10 years I have been going there.

He isn't open on Sundays, but should be able to get the work done Mon-Wed - if you push him.

Raja's is fine, tho' I prefer his cousin's place around the corner on Sukhumvit (near the Parkway Hotel), Rajawongse.

Those would be the only two men's tailor shops I'd recommend.

For women's clothes, try Queen Thai Silk in Ruamchitt Plaza.

Cheers,

SD

Jesse and Victor Rajawongse (Father and Son) can not be beat. They are truly amazing. Esp Victor with his butter soft English and the just mind numbing ability to remember EVERYONES name! Having a few suits from them is almost a right of passage for us in the Department of Defense and the protective and investigative services. Walking into their shop is like walking into a museum of US intelligence agencies.

And they make damn fine suits!!!! (They even fit them to better conceal what ever weapon you may be caring, from .25 to MP5!)

GWB had some clothes made there when he came here for Mr T's big shindig a few years ago.

<< Walking into their shop is like walking into a museum of US intelligence agencies. >>

Great. Back in the 1970s the leftist Thai students all believed I was a CIA agent because I'm American and speak Thai. I really need to relive that again. :(

Archived