Tailors in Bangkok

coldbeer

If you are staying at the JW, I highly recommend that you walk across the street to Ploenchit Plaza and see my friend Mr. Roon on the second floor at HiMark Tailors.

Very competent, detailed, bespoke-quality. I have no idea about prices, as I just pay whatever they ask. I suppose that it is about 5,000 baht for a perfect pair of pants and a matching jacket. Great fabrics.

Make sure that you tell them that you want real button holes on the sleeves of your jackets!

:)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all ... as I mentioned, I have had suits made at Raja's by NEP before and they wear great. The old website I had for him is down so I didn't know if he was still there. As long as he is still around I will go to him first thing Monday morning.

Is that the Jesse and Victor location?

I know what you mean about the Museum stuff .. the pictures and patches on the walls. I've done some work for the UN and US State Department in years past and the guys there put me on to him the first time I was in BKK.

Thanks for the input.

CB

"One more thing - what is the price range these days for the top line materials suits? "

What fabrics can you actually get in BKK?? Even in a relatively controlled country like France you find tricky tags on cheap looking suits and so many horror stories circulate about thai thailors I'm more than a bit suspicious . Is any tailor out there carrying any genuine high end european fabric?

Brioni suit in 120 wool is 3800 â?¬ up , waistcoat extra . A further disadvantage is that they need longer than 24 hours and a suit does not come with 3 trousers and 8 shirts for the same price and further they do not deliver anything to any hotel.

I agree with Kojis that " Finest Italien Fabrics " offered in Bangkok are products of Indian or Chinese phantasies . Finest European Fabrics are 400 â?¬ a meter , plus import duties . Nuff said .

BuBi

Brioni suit in 120 wool is 3800 â?¬ up , waistcoat extra . A further disadvantage is that they need longer than 24 hours and a suit does not come with 3 trousers and 8 shirts for the same price and further they do not deliver anything to any hotel.

I agree with Kojis that " Finest Italien Fabrics " offered in Bangkok are products of Indian or Chinese phantasies . Finest European Fabrics are 400 â?¬ a meter , plus import duties . Nuff said .

BuBi

I have an allergy to wool. I find acetates uncomfortable.

A medium weight cotton, like that found in Dockers slacks, would be desirable.

I'd like to try silk, as well.

Archived