Air Asia does it again

Flashermac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dog,

came back from Udon last week (as you know) and booked in advance (Day before) with NOK....1700Bt each...one way.

Got to the Airport and saw that the Thai counter has a big "Special" sign taped to the glass window.....

All flights Udon / Bkk 1730 Bt....like 6 flights a day...every day

Only available at the Airport...or via telephone Sales....WTF!!!

That's about 1000Bt less than the price on Thai's web site and it really pissed me off, cos at only 30Bt more than NOK, it's a no brainer!!!!

If you haven't already booked, it's worth a look

Cheers DC

I looked at Air Asia's 399 baht promotional fare to Singapore. After adding the charges, it was over 4000 baht for a return. When are they going to cut the crap? Buyers aren't stupid, they are going to learn how much it really costs and when they do will likely be fairly peeved and become motivated to look elsewhere.

To get on the "let's bash Airasia" bandwagon, I and my wife just got back from our delayed week's honeymoon to Bali on airasia. Left on June 30 from C.M. to K.L. with 1:50 minutes to make the connecting flight. Instead of leaving at 11:00 A.M., it left at 12:20 P.M. The person at the ticket counter, the flight attendant and the pilot were all informed of our connecting flight and all said we would make it in time and be allowed to board the connecting flight. They even radioed ahead to confirm this. We had just carry on bags and landed at 4:15 P.M., cleared customs and was at the air asia counter at 4:25 P.M., where they informed us that they would not allow us to board the flight but would book us on the next day's flight to Bali for $250 (2 full price tickets). So, we lost the first night at our timeshare and had to get a hotel room in K.L. They did not have me sign any receipt for the $250 charge and I plan on contesting the charge with my bank, saying I never authorized airasia to charge my card. I know air asi is a point to point airline, but I don't like being lied to about being able to board a connecting flight when they had no intention of letting me board. To top it off, I had to pay 247 baht for the last segment of my trip, from Bangkok to C.M. yesterday, because I was 3 kilos over. I consdered carrying on the third carryon bag but that would have meant that my pregnaunt wife would have to carry on 4 bags of cloths that we bought in Bangkok, so I didn't. Its unlikely I'll fly airasia again.

By the way, if you do decide to fly air asia with a connecting flight (they don't do connection, so you have to pick up your bags and re-check them in), make the connection at least 3 hours apart, whether its on airasia or not. The head of the "customer service" department, who I got to know fairly well on June 30, told me that air asia makes it a policy to work with customers that have a connection at least 3 hours apart, but you are screwed if you have a connection of less than 3 hours. They make no exceptions. And I was being fairly nice to him (no, I didn't tell him I would be disputing the $250 charge) and didn't get mad or use the "f" word. So, in that respect, airasia and ryanair are a lot alike. They make their money from collecting money from people that change their ticket, that check luggage over 15 kilos and from people missing their connecting flights, even if its airasia's fault and both flights are on air asia.

Truth in advertising, or any truth at all in THailand is a rare thing

Totally agree. I would boycott AirAsia but they're still better than the rest despite the lies of their adverts. Other advertisers I despise are California Fitness any any real estate companies dream home bs. About time they outlawed all these crap ads.

I've flown Air Asia round trip to Malaysia three or four times. No problems except once - when they left us sitting in the airport until 1.20 AM for a flight that should have left at 6.30 PM! Turned out the delay was at the Bangkok end. Would have been nice if they'd told us that instead of left us guessing.

:dunno:

I still use them when I can, but with Tiger now daily and Nok doing a more relaible job, they are rapidly becoming my preferred airlines

Interesting about coming back from Bali on Air Asia, I did the same trip about 20 months ago.

Wife was VERY pregnant, so pregnant that she was refused permission to board the air asia connecting flight in KL

We argued for a while, they point blank refused to let her n even though she had the neccessary doctor's letter etc.

So I said "OK - You keep her, after a month when the baby is born them both to me."

Wife smiled an dsaid "Yes I stay your house, I not eat much ok"

I dont know if he thought I was serious (I was, not sure about wife) but suddenly they allowed us on.

They never used to be so tight about the over wieght issus but recently I noticed they have cracked down.

There is a 6.30pm and a 8.30 pm flight out of sillypore, if you booked on last but arrived early they used to let you switch planes at no cost, now, even though seats available, no can do!

Tiger has bookable seats, Nok has a upgrade available,

Better airlines, but to KL for work, I still go Air Asia

Archived