Air Asia does it again

Flashermac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"one to go" planes are even older!

True. But Air Asia (and Thai Air Asia) will soon have an all-Airbus A320 fleet. They're being allocated to Air Asia before Thai Air Asia however.

One-to-Go / Orient Thai are flying old MD's and classic-model 747's. Not sure if they've still got their 757's or not. I don't think so.

However, just because an aircraft is old doesn't mean it isn't safe. As long as they're properly maintained, there's no reason aircraft can't fly safely 30+ years.

A lot of freight airlines are still using old DC8's with no problems.

And even a lot of airlines in western countries still have very old aircraft in their fleets - American, Northwest, Qantas, Thai and Malaysia Airlines to name a few.

Air Asia would be fine if their flights would departure on time. I've been using Air Asia now four times and every single time the flights have been delayed. Worst was the whole flight was canceled but luckily the next one departed in 4 hours.

What about you guys that have been using it regularly, is it that bad or did I just have bad luck with them?

I saw couple of 12go's planes in Phuket airport and that was enough for me to put them off my list. Even Russians wouldn't fly them I guess

I've been very happy with Nok Air, that's my no 1 choise nowadays.

Air Asia would be fine if their flights would departure on time. I've been using Air Asia now four times and every single time the flights have been delayed. Worst was the whole flight was canceled but luckily the next one departed in 4 hours.

What about you guys that have been using it regularly, is it that bad or did I just have bad luck with them?

I was flying Air Asia about 4 times a month ever since they started flying until recently.

I would say 70% of the time I was on time, 20% a delay within an hour and 10% REALLY late or cancelled.

As for Phuket Air, they're not flying anymore.

The had aircraft impounded in London, Amsterdam and Seoul for maintennance issues and non-payment of airport fees.

The UK and France banned them from flying to those countries due to maintenance worries.

This was basically the final nails in the coffin and they went bust.

The latest travel press I read stated that the people who started it are trying to form a new airline by the name of "Holiday Air" so be careful if you see this airline spring up.I'd avoid at all costs.

Archived