Best food in Bangkok

stanny

What are your must try food in Bangkok? I'm not talking about your typical tourist wank restaurant, but rather something more secret. Something the locals enjoy. Must be cheap of course. I don't mind walking through the most dodgy areas and an alley of 200 ladyboys to get to it as long as it's good.

I went a few times to an Issan joint on Petchiburi Rd. Usually went at 2/3 in the morning, and it was packed out. Sometimes it was difficult to get a seat. Tin tables place. It was very cheap and I liked the food.

A dish I loved there was "yam pla duk foo" which is a deep fried catfish salad with a real nice salad made from baby mango.

Also like the spicy pigs liver salad. The grilled cows tongue is quite nice...

And the duck beaks or neck or something deep fried. Maybe someone knows what I mean...

I can t explain the exact location I was there with Thais. I will be on the phone later and will let you know if you want.

The menu is all in Thai by the way...best to go with some Thais if you can t read Thai...or it could be fun just to point at random things on the menu and see what they bring :) Actaully I quite like that idea...

There is another Issan style place down soi Ekkamai. Its really warm under the canape. You do see a few farangs in there all the same. But by tea time it was the usual Thai work group there. Its a good place to sit and get wankered on cheap beer and eat nice food. Put ice in your beer to keep it cool and keep the water levels up as you will be sweating in there. They have those little pink paper napkins that you could spit through.

Pan Fah Samong Moo, located on the corner of Nakorn Sawan Road and Ka-oom Road. It's next to the Nangleung Police station and gets very crowded lunchtime with all the government workers who work around the Ratchdamnoen Nok Road.

A bowl of soup with rice is fifty baht.

There is only one speciality - Pork Brain Soup. :hubba:

... I don't mind walking through the most dodgy areas and an alley of 200 ladyboys to get to it as long as it's good.

i get the impression that our gigolo-in-waiting isn't really after a good meal, but more after a good meal-ticket, for which he's now apparently considering the katoey market as well...

best of luck, stan-the-man!

What are your must try food in Bangkok? I'm not talking about your typical tourist wank restaurant, but rather something more secret. Something the locals enjoy. Must be cheap of course. I don't mind walking through the most dodgy areas and an alley of 200 ladyboys to get to it as long as it's good.

....Sorry sport, the thought of you turning up with 200 Katoeys in tow is enough to put me off "me tucker"....

Can't tell ya where to go....guess you'll just have to "Suck it and see".... :grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

Archived