Anyone Get An I-Phone?

MooNoi

Just wondering if anyone here who's in the US has got themselves an i-phone yet?

Wanting to know if they're all they're cracked up to be.

My only gripe with it is that the camera is "only" 2 MP. I had a 2MP cam in my previous phone, and now that I've got one with a 3MP camera, I can really see the difference.

Going back to 2MP would be a step back IMO.

Handy to have all your gadgets in the one object though!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MOo Noi,

I would wait until 2nd ,3rd or so on generation...I think the iphone will be the best solution to all your multimedia needs on the move. But maybe not just yet.

Your Nokia is a very good phone and the new Nokia which a friend has,has a 5MB camera with big screen. Its really good.

Hopefully the iphone will have a over 3 MB camera before too long...

I don't get the iPhone, just like I don't get the iPod. What's new about them? Smartphones have been around for years. I laughed the other day when a colleague who's been using a Palm phone for years referred to the Apple effort as "the iTard".

Just a packaging/marketing triumph?

Smartphones look like bricks,well some of them :)

The sound for music is also bad, and you dont the same quality MP4 you get on an Ipod or better still the IAudio which is much better than the Ipod. Its 600 USD, the most expensive mp player, but its suppose to be the best. Not mass produced.

Also in the reviews the Iphone seems to have a far better user interface than other smartphones...

I understand how difficult it is to do a Google search on "iphone review," so, having felt sorry for you, I just did one on your behalf and got this result:

Results 1 - 10 of about 158,000,000 for iphone review.

http://www.google.com/search?q=iphone+review&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

For the past two weeks both online and print newspapers & magazines have been flooded with articles about iPhones, as have all TV news programs. It must take some special skill to be able to miss all of that.

I don't get the iPhone, just like I don't get the iPod. What's new about them? Smartphones have been around for years. I laughed the other day when a colleague who's been using a Palm phone for years referred to the Apple effort as "the iTard".

Just a packaging/marketing triumph?

Hmmm, well the iphone is a combination of an ipod (4 or 8 gigs), a phone and has the first real proper internet browser experience, plus you've got all the usual malarkys, games, photos etc...it lacks the ability to record video, which is an odd omission, but otherwise most seem pretty pleased with it...plus it really does have a unique touchscreen system, an Apple patent.

I think the main selling point is that it's made by Apple, who generally do things better. It's amusing your friend said that, as imho Palms really are awful....i will get an iphone but maybe 2nd or 3rd generation. It's not a perfect phone, but then i've yet to see one from any manufacturer that is (certainly the Nokia N95 is yet another disappointment and over priced), but it's better.

... and on the Today show the presenter was unable to answer a call on the iPhone! :rotl:

That has more to do with AT&T than the iphone. AT&T GSM signals are quite weak when indoors, especially in a studio with lots of electronics all over.

Archived