Anyone Get An I-Phone?

MooNoi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really do want that phone SO SO much!!

(But I'm a gadget whore!)

Next trip to Bangkok, it WILL be mine!

Ok, and how will you activate it? It _only_ works with ATT. Until now there is now hack available to use it with another provider.

Obviously you believe incorrectly, or are have been caught up in all the hype about the iPhone.

Opera 8.65 , Minimo , both full blown browsers for WM enabled devices.

It could be apple playing with semantics but I believe those things you mention only run on "smart phones" i.e. the Samsung Blackjack. Are they regarded as regular mobile phones or not? I would say yeah so I guess you are correct.

Review of the iPhone vs Other smartphones:

http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3027&p=3

I think the iPhone really wins out in looks.

I really do want that phone SO SO much!!

(But I'm a gadget whore!)

Next trip to Bangkok' date=' it WILL be mine![/quote']

Ok, and how will you activate it? It _only_ works with ATT. Until now there is now hack available to use it with another provider.

I think you'll find that Moo's desire is for the Nokia N95, not the Apple Phone (at least not yet).

....Your Nokia is a very good phone and the new Nokia which a friend has' date='has a 5MB camera with big screen. Its really good....[/quote']

N95

simg_t_o1994326253.1159394431.jpg

The Nokia phone might be excellent, but the iPhone redefines how a mobile phone should work, be operated and look. The software concept and the operations seems to be revolutionary, the screen resolution is the best ever, the Internet integration seems to be fine as well.

But:

- the new iPhone is really a first generation phone. Without UMTS using the Internet must be a terrible experience

- the camera is outdated

- The US version is very expensive: the cheapest version is over 2.000 US$ for two years for the phone and the contract.

I am not sure, if I will buy an iPhone in the near future. I don't live a very nomadic life, which means I never would watch movies on a small screen nor do I need Internet access on my phone. Also the storage space is too small for my songs and I would have to reorganize my songs all over again before each trip.

But of course the iPhone might become very interesting as soon it offers UMTS and GPS and a better camera. Also the iPhone might become even more interesting if third party applications would be permitted. Third party applications would make the phone the perfect 2.0 tool integrating services like Flickr, Google Applications, RemembertheMilk, e.g..

With all these features the iPhone would become unbeatable for the time being.

And of course, hopefully there will be different contracts be available in Germany. But the iPhone will still be more expensive than other phones since usually no one pays the full price for the phone because they are sponsored by the providers.

PS: one missing feature will make the iPhone unusable for many international travellers: the missing Blackberry service. Contacting the mailbox regulary (like every 15 min.) via the iPhone would let the roaming fees explode.

I think your assesment of the iPhone is about spot on. I am seriously interested in the iPhone, because it is by far the best looking smart phone ever.

The price is ridiculous though. Like you I don't buy the $600 dollar price tag, I take the monthly subscription costs into account too. If the iPhone gets a similar release in Europe, it will be three times more expensive than its competition, which is seriously takin' the piss.

Oh well, I'll see what happens. I am a cheap skate first and a gadget-whore second.

I think you'll find that Moo's desire is for the Nokia N95, not the Apple Phone (at least not yet).

Well spotted, Munchie.

Done a lot of research now, and really don't see how the 1st gen i-Phone can compare with the N95.

Yes, it is probably a better looking phone, but the N95 still isn't what I'd call ugly.

And I find the Nokia operating system on its smart phones simplicity itself.

Its gonna take a lot to make me swap from using a Nokia.

iTards (I love that word McBif you should patent it)' date='

[/quote']

It's been around a while

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=iTard

itard: "Dude, i can't wait for the iphone. Finally i can play music on my phone!".

Person 2 with a brain: "Yeah, phones have been doing that for about 3 years now. Now quit drooling and get back to making my fries".

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Archived