Anyone Get An I-Phone?

MooNoi

about the missed calls on the show why blame the operator (AT&T)? would other 'real' mobile phones perhaps be able to answer in similar signal levels perhaps due to their tried & tested & superior antenna as well as user friendly performance? :D

well for the phone tech geeks the answer is obvious steer well clear of iphone, but for the media funky types I suppose it's worth a quick try before reverting back to the moto or sony E of the week :)

superiour audio? well does it have like mega bass like the S Ericsson's walkman phones had for almost years now?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MooNoi, i think the difference in camera phones now is in a large part due to better lenses IMHO? When they started to bring out 2mp camera phones the picture quality was generally no where near as good as a 2mp camrea with a reasonable lense. But now i think more of the camera phones as well as having more mp also have better e.g. Carl Zeiss lenses.

Simie.

... and on the Today show the presenter was unable to answer a call on the iPhone! :rotl:

That has more to do with AT&T than the iphone. AT&T GSM signals are quite weak when indoors' date=' especially in a studio with lots of electronics all over. [/quote']

The iPhone kept ringing and she could NOT answer the call! It eventually went over to voice mail. :rotfl: So much for intuitive interface. Could this be the second coming of the Newton? :devil:

Faustian,

I'm not really knocking Apple. Good for them. I'd wondered for years why Smartphones hadn't taken off.

As for the internet angle, it's a (old) novelty: Most people tire very quickly of surfing on a tiny screen.

Again, if Apple can convince millions of young iTards to make their parents pay a couple of hundred dollars more than they need to for such gadgets, congrats.

Faustian,

I'm not really knocking Apple. Good for them. I'd wondered for years why Smartphones hadn't taken off.

As for the internet angle, it's a (old) novelty: Most people tire very quickly of surfing on a tiny screen.

Again, if Apple can convince millions of young iTards to make their parents pay a couple of hundred dollars more than they need to for such gadgets, congrats.

McBif, I have been using Touch Screen enabled smartphones and PDA's for the past 5 years now, WiFi enabled for the approx the last 2 years. As for the "Novelty Factor" of small screen surfing wearing off, well I am posting this from the Bar opposite Boots near Gate C at Swampypoon International with an hour to kill before a flight.

One of the major disadvantages of IPhone is that it does not support Skype, a problem it shares with Nokia and other Sybiam OS devices, hence the reason I prefer Windows Mobile as an OS, WM6 even has Mobile Office running on Smartphones now as well as PDA's.

Another thing the IPhone is lacking is 3G Connectivity which will limit its appeal to serious users / travellers, as soon as I land In singapore in 3 hours I will be straight onto the 3G network.

OK it comes with option of 4 or 8 GB memory and I only have 2GB. 2GB is enough to have 20 full CD's and 500 MB spare for data if I so wished to, and Micro SD being smaller than my thumbnail I could easily carry another 20 GB in my wallet if I so wished to, the IPhone does not accept external memory.

So, an outdated Interface, 2 years behind the times with WiFi, limited compatability with third party software, non expandable memory and you can't even replace the battery in it.

I for one will not be looking at downgrading to an Apple, it is a mass market produced weak imitation aimed at the iTards (I love that word McBif you should patent it), its a phone with gadgets but they are not quite the real thing.

No offense to you Moo...

Why the fuck would I want to buy an iPhone? The USA is at least three years behind in mo-by phone technology. Plus Apple insists upon locking their customers into proprietary datasets.

I can buy what Apple is offering, without the lock-in, for about $200 with the O2 Graphite. If I want more, I can get it...

Cheers,

SD

Archived