YOUR IDEAL CONCERT.

sayjann

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all very hypothetical, isn't it. Depends whether your time machine's parked in the car park. :hmmm:

With no time machine involved i.e. as they are now, reforming and whatnot and playing what they like:

1.Leonard Cohen

2. Sisters of Mercy

3. Sex Pistols

4. Morrissey :applause:

Quite simply because these are 4 of my favourite acts that I've never seen live (saw PIL and The Smiths, but not the Pistols or Moz solo). :(

Now, if there's liberal time travel involved, it would be:

1. Joy Division

2. Bowie in 1974 doing his "David Live" tour when he was coked out of his box :clown:(As long as I could have a good snort too.) :shhh:

3. The Doors

4. T. Rex :bow:

jack :help:

'The Clash, around 1978'

can't remember exactly what Year i saw them but was roughly around the same time.

they played the Lyceum Ballroom in London in front of around 300 people.

my Dad was working for Mecca at the time and got free passes and we sat in the gods.

they were supported by The Angelic Upstarts........

on our way down to the ballroom we had to pass their dressing room and i had the good fortune to speak to Strummer and Headon........ :thumbup:

Mecca Ballrooms were good places for gigs in the 70's and my dad's contacts always came up with tickets.

helped the lighting man at a Police gig,front row for Lou Reed.

and had a glass of Champagne with darling Freddie after a Queen concert.

a lot of the usual suspects in the lists,which is not a surprise.

but i am at a loss to who Chisel are?.

explanations Munchie please.............

Jack......... :wave:

never saw the Pistols in their 'heyday' but who did?.

but saw them im 94 (i think) at the reunion gig.

much better to see them with Matlock then with the Man who modelled his life after your goodself...........Mr.Ritchie.

saw Morrissey supporting Bowie and he was utter shite........ :doah:

the crowd just kept booing..........

i wish i could have got pissed to forget the prat but i was driving.......... :cussing:

Frank with Luc Ponty

Frank with George Duke

Santana with McLaughlan

Flloyd

Was lucky enough to see Frank in Melbourne, Oz early 70's (When I was Young.....VERY Young..lol..)

He had a bunch of young kids from Sydney as support act....first ever Melbourne gig...

...Thought they were a tad odd....especially the "Kid" in the short pants school uniform and little cap.....But...the "Kids" could Play....

...Yep....AC/DC's first ever Melbourne Gig....jing jing...

...even from day one, I predicted they had a future

Cheers DC

Stones

Deep Purple

Jimmy Hendrix

Cream

:neener:

You selected four 'top bill' bands.

Is that allowed here? :confused:

C'mon' date=' mix in an underdog once in a while. :D [/quote']

Torneyboy shops in the "bargain bin" and "oldies" section at the music shop. :grinyes:

He hasn't made it to the "solo vocalist" and "rock" sections yet! (Or past 1979).

$9.99 per CD is just TOO tempting! :neener:

Jack......... :wave:

never saw the Pistols in their 'heyday' but who did?.

but saw them im 94 (i think) at the reunion gig.

much better to see them with Matlock then with the Man who modelled his life after your goodself...........Mr.Ritchie...

Ha ha. :up: I've got the Pistols live reunion CD 'Filthy Lucre Live' on repeat on my car stereo this week, cock. It's f*cking brilliant. As Mr Lydon :clown: asks (rhetorically) at the start of 'God Save the Queen', "Well, we're not that f*cking bad after all, are we?" Magic moment: never a truer word spoken. :applause:

Morrissey has said that he only did that Bowie tour for the money, was treated badly by Bowie, booed at every gig, and hated every moment of it, and you can tell by the shit performances (I've got bootlegs :down::doah:). Sounds like he and the band were just taking the piss. If I'm not wrong, he pulled out of the tour half way through, claimed he was sick? :p

Anyway, no excuse for lack of professionalism. :nono: But his last couple of tours (see the live Earl's Court DVD) were corkers. :up:

jack :help:

Archived