YOUR IDEAL CONCERT.

sayjann

in deference to Munchie i will ask for 4 choices,not 5.

if you could pick your ideal concert of 4 acts who would you choose?.

my choice would be.........

Devo

Rammstein

Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band

David Bowie

i await with baited breath the choice of TB.....

something like........

Stones with Jones

Stones with Taylor

Stones with Wyman

Stones with Wood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw Rory a couple of Years before he died...... :rip:

played at a local festival we have every Year in my City.

he played in a marquee to a crowd of around 100 People.

superb performer and a great axeman..........

was still wearing the lumberjack shirt....... :chili:

USV.......... :wave:

seen Iggy/Rory and Reed at different times of their careers.

top performers.

Munchie......... :cool:

got into Runrig through my Scotch Friend in East Calder.......... :thumbup:

we saw them one NYE in Princes Gardens and they were a highlight.

followed by Gary Glitter who almost stole the show..........

Peter Gabriel

Pink Floyd (Late 70's / Early 80's line-up if possible!)

David Bowie

The Doors

(Can we have "Dead" bands in the poll? Sayjann didn't say). Bugger it. They're in there.

I remember a while back talking to a couple of young English girls in Bangkok. They're were both 19 years old. They told me that they'd just been to the G8 Concert (I think) in Hyde Park in London. I asked if they had a good time, and they said "Yeah - it was great. But at the end of the concert these old geezers came on and did a cover of Scissor Sisters' "Comfortably Numb". Not sure who they were."

Oh my GOD.... :(

My list is not too disimilar to yours Piggy, in no particular order.

1. Genesis 1975

Gabriel, Hackett, Rutherford, Banks, Collins line up, playing tracks from Nursery Crime, Foxtrot, Selling England by the Pound and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway era.

2. Pink Floyd 1977

Waters, Gilmour, Wright, Mason line up. To me this was Floyd live at their best. Meddle had been released in 71 and "One of these Days" was a classic by 77, they had dropped playing tracks from obscured by the clouds by then but most of the set was Dark Side of the Moon, Wish you were Here and Animals. 78-79 they recorded The Wall and the next time they toured was with "The Wall" and the Gig was just like listening to the Studio Album not what I want from a live concert.

3. Roger Waters 25/7/90 Words cannot begin to describe what it felt like to stand in Potzdamer Platz on the Eastern Berlin side 8 months after "The Wall" came down. A concept performance I did not enjoy previously took on a whole new meaning ten years after it was first performed.

4. Led Zeppelin 1973 Madison Square Garden.

Houses of the Holy Tour, which was released as 1976 live album "The Song Remains the Same"

Now if we could have all four of them together that would an Ideal Concert.

I never got to see Genesis with Gabriel but I have seen them both play seperatley, Floyd Circa 1977 I was fortunate enough to witness first hand. Berlin '90 is a One off event I will never forget, and as for Led Zep I caught them at Knebworth in 79.

If there is one thing I miss from home it has to be "Live Music", but other things more than make up for it.

Lou Reed 1973 so he can play songs from Berlin

Neil Young, Rust Never Sleeps concert around 1979

Bob Dylan, around 1975, 76 when he was at his peak

The Clash, around 1978, saw them two nights on the run and very few bands can match the intensity of their live performances

The Pogues, around 1985, saw them in the Town and Country Club in London on St Paddies night, best piss up i've ever been to.

Oh shit that's 5, sorry Munchie :neener:

USV..........

seen Iggy/Rory and Reed at different times of their careers.

top performers.

Yeah, those are all acts I've seen multiple times and at smaller venues. I could have substituted a bigger headline band like the Stones for the Kinks, but I've seen the Kinks live more than any other band. Ray Davies is a great performer anyway.

Someone on another board mentioned Lou Reed's 1978 song 'Street Hassle' yesterday, so I downloaded it from Limewire. Hadn't heard it in many years. It's about a chick dying of an overdose (supplied by him) right after he bonks her. Very chilling lyrics, and back to basics Lou Reed. :thumbup:

Archived