CNN Scolds Michael Moore

TheCorinthian

Pinochet still left Chile in better shape than any other South American country.

Compare it (and death tolls) to examples of left-wing dictatorships. Khmer Rouge? 1m+ China - 10s of millions, USSR - ditto, etc, etc. I'd say Cuba had at least as many imprisoned and killed as Chile - with the difference that it's left in worse shape.

Atomised societies where everyone is alone? That'd be the above left-wing places. Because the ideas are intrinsically shit, they need a repressive totalitarian state to terrorise people into not being able to dissent. Hence people can't even talk to each other freely. They are completely alone, unable to trust anybody else.

:stirthepo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Painting anyone who disagrees with right wing policies as a commie supporter of Pol Pot or Stalin is a common tactic.

"He supports universal healthcare, that evil commie bastard".

Have you no imagination?

Can't you look at any issue objectively? Health care in the US is in trouble, this is mainly because it is controlled by corporations who couldn't give a shit about the health of the public, but care only about profits... they'll do anything to avoid paying for the health care needs of their insured.

Do you see British or French or Cuban hospitals dumping patients on the side of the road because they can't pay their bills? Do you hear of people in wealthy western countries, other than America, having to declare bankruptcy because they can't pay for their treatment?

Phil, it seems, would have preferred to see the black "immigrant" couple having their baby in a ditch and wrapping it in a plastic bag.

Now, I'm not sure if you guys are particularly rich, maybe you are, but if you aren't, then why do you so strongly support every aspect of a system designed to make the rich richer and to fuck the poor over?

Guest lazyphil

<>

Since when did you care about americans well being?....this misplaced concern is disingenuous of you and merely a tool to crow on about amerika bad. i've seen farenheit thingy with moore and it was crap and a load of spin, doubtless this the same, but if i get a chance i'll look.

Guest lazyphil

<>

of course not, ive more compassion than you think, u really think you're a bono or geldolk clone :smirk:

<

i like the sound of that!...

Guest lazyphil

<

Compare it (and death tolls) to examples of left-wing dictatorships. Khmer Rouge? 1m+ China - 10s of millions, USSR - ditto, etc, etc. I'd say Cuba had at least as many imprisoned and killed as Chile - with the difference that it's left in worse shape.

Atomised societies where everyone is alone? That'd be the above left-wing places. Because the ideas are intrinsically shit, they need a repressive totalitarian state to terrorise people into not being able to dissent. Hence people can't even talk to each other freely. They are completely alone, unable to trust anybody else.>>

many good points.

Guest lazyphil

<

no i'm not rich but i support western governments who keep bread on my table and petrol in my car using whatever tactics in their arsnal :stirthepo

Archived