CNN Scolds Michael Moore

TheCorinthian

Guest lazyphil

OH, MM forgot to mention the NHS is a postcade (Zip code) lottery, some areas get certain drugs others not where u have to cough up spondulics. My sister is a midwife of many years says NHS is in dire straits. MM uses spin to avoid the truth of the NHS to blast the US system, well not seen it but its safe to assume he does.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Bibblies, think out of the box, you known that sometimes, words can have more than one meaning! I swear, it's true!

A quote from Chomsky:

"The ideal is to create a completely fragmented atomized society where everybody is totally alone, doing nothing but trying to pursue created wants, and the wants are created"

I'm guessing that certain board members have already become "ideal" citizens.

Ah! Ideal citizen number 1, Mr. Hugh Hoy.

Let's see, hmmm... Khmer Rouge? Weren't they removed from power by Communist Vietnam and then BACKED MILITARILY & FINANCIALLY by the good old, right wing U S of A? What does that tell you about America/Khmer Rouge?

While I suspect you would rank Bill O'Rielly higher than Chomsky, I think many would disagree.

Chomsky: Academic achievements, awards and honors

In the spring of 1969 he delivered the John Locke Lectures at Oxford University; in January 1970 he delivered the Bertrand Russell Memorial Lecture at Cambridge University; in 1972, the Nehru Memorial Lecture in New Delhi; in 1977, the Huizinga Lecture in Leiden; in 1988 the Massey Lectures at the University of Toronto titled "Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies". In 1997, The Davie Memorial Lecture on Academic Freedom in Cape Town, among many others.

Noam Chomsky has received many honorary degrees from the most prestigious universities around the world, including the following: University of London, University of Chicago, Loyola University of Chicago, Swarthmore College, Delhi University, Bard College, University of Massachusetts, University of Pennsylvania, Georgetown University, Amherst College, Cambridge University, University of Buenos Aires, McGill University, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Columbia University, Villanova University, University of Connecticut, University of Maine, Scuola Normale Superiore, University of Western Ontario, University of Toronto, Harvard University, Universidad de Chile, University of Calcutta, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Santo Domingo Institute of Technology and the University of Bologna. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society. In addition, he is a member of other professional and learned societies in the United States and abroad, and is a recipient of the Distinguished Scientific Contribution Award of the American Psychological Association, the Kyoto Prize in Basic Sciences, the Helmholtz Medal, the Dorothy Eldridge Peacemaker Award, the Ben Franklin Medal in Computer and Cognitive Science, and others.

He is twice winner of The Orwell Award, granted by The National Council of Teachers of English for "Distinguished Contributions to Honesty and Clarity in Public Language"

He is a member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts in Department of Social Sciences.

In 2007, Chomsky will receive The Uppsala University (Sweden) Honorary Doctor's degree in commemoration of Carolus Linnaeus.

Chomsky was voted the leading living public intellectual in The 2005 Global Intellectuals Poll conducted by the British magazine Prospect. He reacted, saying "I don't pay a lot of attention to polls"

In a list compiled by the magazine New Statesman in 2006, he was voted seventh in the list of "Heroes of our time".

Chomsky is a fraud. Preaches the evils of capitalism while enriching himself through his self-marketing. I suppose young, mallable minds at certain universities might be impressed, but I am not. Friggin "honorary degrees" are just that...they hand those things out like at diploma mills. They don't mean squat. Some "Serbian" academy? LOL ! Now that is indeed impressive (not). Stateman magazine...left-leaning publication, so not surprising it's readers would like him.

Please give me an example of a prosperous, free communist country that isn't ruled by a forceful dictatorship. (And please don't tell me Cuba.)

HH

Guest lazyphil

<

they can be forgiven, like they can be forgiven for unofficially backing the good old IRA....yep the LP mantra, but hey fidel you are prone to this :smirk:

Well Phil, there is a difference between the American people providing support, and the American government providing support.

Do you think Khmer Rouge fund raisers would have been popular in the States? How about a raffle to raise money to buy arms for Pinochet's Chile, or for the Suni Islamic extremists they're training and arming to destabilize Iran?

Change the record...

Guest lazyphil

change the record, lol, you take a look at yourself 'amerika very bad and big bully blah blah blah' you got your ipod on repeat me ole mucker!....

Archived