CNN Scolds Michael Moore

TheCorinthian

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/15/moore.gupta/index.html

In his movie SiCO, MM displayed the failings of the US medical system. Seems he was not as, shall we say, dis interested in painting an unbiased picture. So CNN beat him up about it and he called BS and then got beat up again.

(Personally I find it funny.)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you been getting your truthiness from fox noise again.

your diligent research on fox noise reflects on you like WMDs reflect on dopey war mongers.

most of dr gupta's facts were wrong & moore correct.

& why many many posters here 'bouts choose to receive medical care in Thailand.

+ moore blasted wolf for CNN's war hustle / lies.

Moore was mostly correct in Fahrenheit 911 & same same sicko.

My favorite 911 scene was the shrub chasing barney .. rumor has it barney avoids the shrub.

When a manâ??s dog turns against him it is time for a wife to pack her trunk and go home to mama. --Mark Twain.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/article.php?id=10017

1. "But hold on?" 'SiCKO' clearly shows the WHO list, with the United States at number #37, and Cuba at #39. Right up on the screen in big five-foot letters. It's even in the trailer! CNN should have its reporter see his eye doctor. The movie isn't hiding from this fact. Just the opposite:

2. As for Cuba â?? Dr. Gupta and CNN need to watch 'SiCKO' first before commenting on it. 'SiCKO' says Cuba spends $251 per person on health care, not $25, as Gupta reports. And the BBC reports that Cuba's per capita health expenditure isâ?¦ $251! (Keeping Cuba Healthy, BBC, Aug. 1 2006.

3. Just the opposite. The 2006 United Nations Human Development Report's human development index states the life expectancy in the United States is 77.5 years. It is 77.6 years in Cuba. (Human Development Report 2006, United Nations Development Programme, 2006 at 283.

the moore site goes on & on.

You're slipping there, foreigner. I am quoting and linking to CNN.

Maybe you should invest in glasses? (Well, if you have insurance I suppose!) Because you obviously did not read much of what I wrote or linked to.

I really donâ??t mind. Is sort of fun watching you goof around.

In the part of the interview I saw, Moore got beat up VERY BADLY. He was completely unable to refute anything his critics had to say. He looked confused and was at a loss for words...as defenseless as newbie being scammed by a hardened bargirl. For instance, one of the other "panelists" on the show quickly spit out the names of foreign celebrities and government officials who have come to the U.S. to receive various treatments. Then asked Moore who of any note has gone to Cuba for treatment (other than those who could not go to a non-communist country). He was mute. LOL! He' also been criticised for portraying his "SICKO" as a documentary by those in the documentary industry.

HH

>foreign celebrities and government officials<

duh .. 3rd world medical care is for designated white trash not foreign celebrities and government officials

if you think the medical crisis is a crisis for hedge fund managers you are missing moore's point.

white trash, such as my self, must seek out affordable health care

300% mark up on meds is ok for foreign celebrities and government officials but presents a problem for white trash.

a person, such as foreign celebrities and government officials, with sufficient resources (money or a condition covered by their insurance) does not need to go to the 3rd world for medical.

the 911 firefighters he took to cuba did not have the resources to receive medical care in the us.

they were going untreated in the us

american health care is often limited to 'procedures approved by HMOs & insurance adjusters' .. not doctors.

castro's surgery was done in cuba by a french surgeon .. he has the resources to get the best of care

rama IX's back surgery was done by an american doc flown over for that 1 procedure .. the king has resources to get the best of care.

3rd world health care is for those who cannot afford health care in the 1st world not foreign celebrities and government officials

Guys can tear Moore apart all they want, but fact is, health care in this country is an out right disgrace, even with insurance, it is costly.

My personal situation, I pay $70 a month for my coverage. *BUT* NOT everything is covered. I then pay $250 deductible, then 20% up to a total of $1500 out of pocket, so figure, $840 for coverage,+ $1500 total out of pocket= $2340 a year...PLUS any dental expenses and prescriptions/expenses NOT covered...so figure JUST for medical, I am close to $200 a month before it kicks in...now figure a guy making 1/2 of what I make, or a family...the cost is staggering.

To me, there is no excuse for the current situation, other than politics and greed.

I think that is relatively cheap. In the Netherlands, I pay about â?¬2,000 out of my salary, plus â?¬120 per month for my insurance policy. Add to that â?¬100 per month for my wife, and I pay in total â?¬4,400 per year. That is $6,000 for you US folks. My kid's insured for "free" :rolleyes: though.

Actually, the figures you present aren't that bad. $70 bucks a month is basically protection against a "catastropic" accident/illness. The $250 deductible keeps every hypochrondriac from running to the dr. for every sniffle...as does a 20% co-pay. As for the $1500 "out of pocket", that seems to be "tops" for medical/hospitalization. Unless you incur about $7500/year in medical/hospitalization, you won't shell that out. Being single, you're getting the shaft big time on income taxes...both state and federally. If the income taxes were less, you (and many others) could easily afford the medical insurance without any qualms. On the other hand, the political libs who propose "universal" health care, promote the raising of taxes so you can pay for you AND the bums and the wets! Oh, that's right, they won't be "wet" anymore cuz they'll all have green cards and citizenship.

HH

yes, thwe #$2340 is considered cheap here as well...until I lose my job, and the full cost is about $600 a month...FOR ME ALONE, no wife, no kids...and as I said, does not cover everything! do you have dental coverage included in your cost?

HH,

Keep in mind, this is the cost for me alone...figure the cost for a family is much higher, and most/average Americans make 1/2 of what I do, but the costs are the same...now see the problem? Oh, and when I retire, I will have NO coverage at all...try buying it at age 55-62...it will eat up a full pension...oh wait, don't have that either anymore...

Problems here are growing, and need to be addressed, and fast!

Archived