CNN Scolds Michael Moore

TheCorinthian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep Phil. Saw that couple. Sounded British to me. They never mentioned anything about not contributing to the the NHS.

Interesting how you jumped to the conclusions that a)They're immigrants and b)They contributed nothing to the NHS.

<

But you'd be atomised. We'd all be atomised, coming out of a spray can, like perfume. That is Fidel's vision. ( :confused: )

I think Fidel has got a hold of some good shit there in Paki land ! But live to be 79 and still have to work for insurance? Where is this? Those folks should have Medicare if in the U.S. Plus...SEVENTY-NINE. They've lived long enough. It is mostly because of modern medical achievements that most people who live that long have survived. Like my Dr. once told me, "We have the technology to keep cadavers pumping blood and air for a long time". Fidel, the commie that he is, believes I should give up my trips to the LOS and pay for some 79 year old's pacemaker or some bum's DT's. LOL ! Not friggin' likely. My private health insurance costs nearly 18,000/year for me and my wife...on top over over 1000/year for my Medicare. And come to think about it, in over 30 years, I've only had TWO squabbles with my insurance company over a payment/coverage issue and both were quickly resolved in my favor with a short phone call.

Fidel is challenged by the notion of a for-profit business; that is "insurance". To be expected of a commie.

HH

Fidel is challenged by the notion of a for-profit business; that is "insurance". To be expected of a commie.

HH

I find it rather strange that the US of A folks are getting het up about whether their Health System is better or not than Cuba's.....I would be rather embarrassed if it was close enough to compare......

I would have thought that the fairer comparison for the USA would be Sweden or Switzerland (I have no idea how they compare!) and for Cuba........the fair comparison is Haiti (which after all DID follow the path set by the USA).

Sweden and Switzerland are hardly a fair comparison. US has many more recent immigrants, for a start. Poorer people flock there to try to make a living. It's the opposite in Switzerland. Rich people go there (and they tend to be healthier to start with).

A straight comparison of health systems isn't easy when you look at the habits of the populations either. Compare the level of obesity and people doing what the hell they want in the US to Cuba. That's a good reason why life expectancy is similar, I'd say. In fact, given the number of lazy fat slobs in the US, one could say that the American system is doing a good job keeping them alive. :)

If I remember right, the USA health system costs as much (or even more) than of the European countries. Neverthless the USA seem to have millions of uninsured, while in Germany of ca. 100 mio inhabitants only 200.000-300.000 have no health insurance. :evil:

"...But live to be 79 and still have to work for insurance? Where is this? Those folks should have Medicare if in the U.S...."

My Aunt relies ion Medicare, it does NOT cover everything. Both my adopted Parents pay about $500+ a month for a "post medicare supliment." This covers some, but NOT ALL of the stuff medicare does not cover...now, the logical question...Why discriminate based on age? If seniors get health coverage, why shouldn't working people?

Medicare "gap" policies, of course, vary. But that is a good question about the aged vs. working people. Question might be answered that primary health insurance coverage for those over 65 would probably be prohibitively expensive. I mean, ASTRONOMICAL. Most policies, however, have a catastrophic "cap" on what people must pay out of pocket in a calendar year. Again, policies vary.

HH

Guest lazyphil

<>

vice versa too. What does British sound like?...Belfast, London, bradford, cambridge, truro, cardiff???.....anyway, it gave the impression they were fresh off the plane and gleefull what was available to them at their disposal here in the uk versus the USA.

OK, I will force myself to watch. Why cant the fat slob hire a dietitian and trainer, jelly belly lard ass. Sicko, yeah, he looked in the mirror :D

Archived