How long do I have left?

Mekong

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you are under twenty and have a motorcycle, you only have sheer luck on which to survive - a couple of times I was micro-seconds off death! I sort of stop myself going completely off the rails in Thailand by holding out for the dreams I had when I was a teenager... yep, a lot of people lost along the way, including a cousin who was so happily drunk he threw himself off a balcony in a bar and landed on his head at the tender age of 25... but I have been so lucky, so many narrow escapes there has to be some fate involved rather than mere mischance...

I saw a guy get into a scuffle, not even that, a shoving match in Roppongi about 5 years ago with another Gaijin when he stumbled over, fell out the door, down the stairs, hitting his head on the pavement and dying right there on the street in the rain

He was like 22 and an English teacher from the states, noone in the bar knew his name or a thing about him.

The most haunting thing i have ever seen and not a day goes by without me thinking about it and the fragility of life.

my best Friend died of a heart attack some 10 Years ago.

he was diabetic but his death was so sudden.

i knew nothing about it until i went to work and was told he was in the ICU.

i went to see him and had to walk out,it was too painful seeing him lying there with all the tubes.

he died the same Afternoon...... :rip:

it was heartbreaking as we had had so much fun over the Years,both drunken and Women related instances...... :grinyes:

to my shame i never attended his funeral.

my boss was on a downer with me at the time and refused me time off to go.

i look back and should have just told him to fuck off and just went.

because of that i have never visited his gravesite which i reproach myself quite often.

i must make the effort of chatting to his Widow and perhaps she can take me so i can just reflect on a truly great Friend.

we had a party to 'celebrate' his life and over 200 People attended..... :applause: .

and i hear the Vicar at the funeral had to ask many People to stand outside the small church on the Day of his funeral,so many attended.

as i say i am still ashamed to this Day i never attended the funeral..... :mad:

How long do you have left?How long do any of us have left?Only Buddha/Jesus/Allah or whoever knows the answer to this one.

A quote from the late,great Irish commedian,Dave Allen :bow:

"Live every day as though its your last,because one day it will be" :beer:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure you have many good memories of your friendship to hold dear.

Hope to hook up with you for a couple of beers in the near future.

-bgtp-

Hey bgtp,

Planning on hooking up with you and the crew next month on the 20th, thats if you all survive the PI leg of Sanukfest 2007 and if you are around the following week after they leave I will be on my usual stool at the table in Jamesons.

Archived