Filipino Girls in Bangkok

fruity

SD, i know different people have different priorities in life and many guys are maybe prepared to make sacrifices to hang on in Thailand. But i agree with you that when it gets down to the sort of money a month you are talking about, whats the point? They would be hanging on for the lifestyle and nightlife etc but how can they indulge in any of it on that sort of money?! Personally i'd be quite happy living in a decent but modest apartment with enough money for a comfortable but not extravagent lifestyle. But any farang who chooses to live in a sweaty 2,000 baht a month box room and live on 5 baht packets of noodles and cans of Leo has IMHO totally lost the plot?

Simie.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, whatever makes u happy no?

Me, i like Air-conditioning, working with Cisco routers (how sad), Drinking during the day, Katoey's (ha ha) and Big Mango Cheeseburgers

Falang who lives opposite me likes sitting on his balcony all night drinking his 90 baht bottle of mekong with a 7/11 22oz Big Gulp coke zero. He lives off about 15k a month from some website he set up and only goes out to go to 7, it seems

Both are happy in our own little way. Im sure he thinks im quite quite mad to be getting up at 7 every morning to piss about with switches and routers, but he seems happy with his lot. I can see him now, wonder if he posts here?

Hello there! if u do

out of interest how much do you need per month to live reasonably well in pattaya ?

accomodation - modern 1 bed?

eat in middle range restaurnats?

join gym ?

any help available

I think if you search around on the board, these questions have been answered many times, and you'll find many useful estimates (ranging from "No need for money, mate, the girls are all free and you can get drinks from other punters at the bars!" to "Well, my dear chap, I personally do not consider living on less than 600,000 baht per month to be living at all! If it's humanly possible, I'm sure I wouldn't know...")

Enjoy the dream!

cheers,

YimSiam

Come on guys, whatever makes u happy no?

Both are happy in our own little way. Im sure he thinks im quite quite mad to be getting up at 7 every morning to piss about with switches and routers, but he seems happy with his lot.

(Once again, the "you" and "me" is generic, not personal) Point is mate, what are ya gonna do in 10 years? You are a young guy, and should be making money, learning new technology, and advancing your career. When you go back to farangland after ten stagnant years doing crap on a local hire contract, what then? You'll be unemployable because any HR person is gonna look at you and say WTF? And then you'll be sucking down my tax $$ on the dole...

You are better off making your money now, and retiring early to LoS, or finding a niche position that needs an expat and working toward that goal in some MNC.

Regards,

SD -- another thread successfully hijacked :grinyes:

Come on guys' date=' whatever makes u happy no?

Both are happy in our own little way. Im sure he thinks im quite quite mad to be getting up at 7 every morning to piss about with switches and routers, but he seems happy with his lot.[/quote']

(Once again, the "you" and "me" is generic, not personal) Point is mate, what are ya gonna do in 10 years? You are a young guy, and should be making money, learning new technology, and advancing your career. When you go back to farangland after ten stagnant years doing crap on a local hire contract, what then? You'll be unemployable because any HR person is gonna look at you and say WTF? And then you'll be sucking down my tax $$ on the dole...

You are better off making your money now, and retiring early to LoS, or finding a niche position that needs an expat and working toward that goal in some MNC.

Regards,

SD -- another thread successfully hijacked :grinyes:

The odd thing is that i came to Thailand to learn new technologies! But im not your typical 20 something who lives here, i know.

Its very possible for young professionals to come here and further their careers, i have met some smart smart cookies working here in their mid 20's from falangland.

I dunno if i wanna retire here, being young, on decent money and in Bangkok is pretty effing amazing, i can tell you.

i have forgotten my original point, sorry

Hi all

I was at Starbucks in Sukhumvit today when I got hit on by 2 Filipino girls. We had a little chat, they asked if I was a tourist and wanted to sit with them. And then said I had a nice body and asked how do I keep in shape. They were on holiday for 3 weeks apparently. I thought they might be plying their trade, and didn't want to waste their time, so I decided to have a quick chat and leave.

But now I think back, I noticed they didn't talk to any other random farang guys while I was milling around. Also, they were dressed pretty nicely, and had a MBK and Central shopping bag with them, were these mere props?

So are there now Filipino girls roaming the street, or what's the deal?

You wouldn't happen to be a young man of African descent, would you? Maybe they were in that gruesome area looking to go with an African guy... I've heard it happens...

YimSiam

Archived