Premium Economy

unit731

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Singapore Airlines hav erred in no putting any Prem Econ seats in their A380.. It means a whole class of traveller, me included, won't fly that airline. My travelling options are currently down to 2 airlines, EVA and BA (plus possibly Qantas soon) and was hoping SIA would join them.

I think Singapore Airlines hav erred in no putting any Prem Econ seats in their A380.. It means a whole class of traveller, me included, won't fly that airline. My travelling options are currently down to 2 airlines, EVA and BA (plus possibly Qantas soon) and was hoping SIA would join them.

The Econ seats are 19" wide on the A380. That is about 1.5" wider than in a 747. How wide is your :mooning::confused:

i doubt that Premium Economy has good prospects. Many airlines on intercontinental flights have no problem to fill their business seats; business class is not anymore only for business travellers; so maybe the airlines will extend their business classes where they can get 2-4 times the price they get for economy seats; why should they waste space for premium economy, which is not much higher priced than economy.

with high occupancy it is the limited space that is essential, not the service!

Samak, I have to disagree. I think SQ have made a mistake not going for a premium economy section. I think there are a large number of passengers/potential passengers who would pay the extra (provided it was a sensible amount) for premium economy but cannot afford or are not prepared to pay for full business class. If you take SQ as the example we are using here their LHR-BKK return in economy is typically between £550-700. Business class on the same route with SQ is normally between £2,800-3,200. How a many people can realistically afford that out of their own money? And if they knew they could regularly fill more biz seats they would surely have already expanded their biz sections long ago? If you look at BA there LHR-BKK route is normally £1200-1400 return in premium economy. Considerably cheaper than BA's typical Club class rate. Personally I would'nt pay that sort of money for BA premium economy as for a couple of hundred more you can go proper business class on many of the better value airlines.

Simie.

Disagree samak.

BA, Virgin, NZ, and BR get higher profits with their Prem. Econ. Holiday travelers will NOT pay an extra $2000-$3000 for biz class but will pay an extra $300-$500 for a more roomy seat. :bangit:

The airlines have to limit the biz/first class seat capacity to keep the price high. The A380 has the same number of first class seats as the 747 and only 10 more biz seats than the 747.

I think Singapore Airlines hav erred in no putting any Prem Econ seats in their A380.. It means a whole class of traveller' date=' me included, won't fly that airline. My travelling options are currently down to 2 airlines, EVA and BA (plus possibly Qantas soon) and was hoping SIA would join them.[/quote']

The Econ seats are 19" wide on the A380. That is about 1.5" wider than in a 747. How wide is your :mooning::confused:

Nothing to do with width. Legroom is the problem. 32" is worthless for someone of 6"4. Even many people of average proportions must get sick of having no legroom for 12 hours.

i doubt that Premium Economy has good prospects. Many airlines on intercontinental flights have no problem to fill their business seats; business class is not anymore only for business travellers; so maybe the airlines will extend their business classes where they can get 2-4 times the price they get for economy seats; why should they waste space for premium economy, which is not much higher priced than economy.

with high occupancy it is the limited space that is essential, not the service!

It's significantly more than econ. usually about 50% more for slightly more room. Business class is much more expensive and not within reach of most.

Archived