Premium Economy

unit731

Thai Airways.

I finally took the plunge and traversed the continents and seas - actually few over the north pole - in Premium Economy seats on Thai Airways.

The cost R/T was about US $300.00 - $400.00 more.

But it was well worth it for me. The seats appeared to be the same as Economy although there may be a difference. The big plus was that the seating provides more distance from the seat in front of you. And for a fat, balding, aged, punter like myself, it does make a profound difference.

Also, maybe the non-stop direct flight adds to the perception of being better as no layover in Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, Taipai, or Narita.

:thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thai Airways...The seats appeared to be the same as Economy although there may be a difference...

Nope, totally different. They are wider as well.

Preem-Echo (as the Thais call it) is a 2-3-2 configuration and are claimed to be 18" wide with a 42" pitch (the distance from any point on one seat to the exact same point on the seat in front or behind it). And they have leg/foot rests. And laptop power points.

Regular Economy is 2-4-2 config, 17" wide (tho' the PE seats seem more than an inch wider), with a 36" pitch. No foot rests or power points.

Cheers,

SD -- flown all classes on the LAX non-stop

Last time I flew this route, Narita got shut down due to like an inch of snow :banghead:. I think the real reason was that they ran out of de-icing fluid.

All of the lounges were shut down to arriving passengers since they were completely full. ANA was nice enough to issue a voucher to be used at the airport restaurants in place of lounge access but there was no food left over due to the number of people who were stranded. :onfire:

I'm on this route again in Nov. I hope I have better luck this time. :smirk:

• 2 months later...

Archived