Premium Economy

unit731

Disagree samak.

BA, Virgin, NZ, and BR get higher profits with their Prem. Econ. Holiday travelers will NOT pay an extra $2000-$3000 for biz class but will pay an extra $300-$500 for a more roomy seat. :bangit:

Personally, I'd like to see a prem econ size seat become the norm for economy.

I agree that SIA have erred by not including prem econ on the A380. It's likely to be a growing market sector.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

simie, shygy and barry!

of course you would like to have space like business class at a price just slightly higher than economy!

but with higher and higher occupancy rates and enough passengers to pay the business class premium, i do not see any reason why airlines should provide that!

simie, shygy and barry!

of course you would like to have space like business class at a price just slightly higher than economy!

but with higher and higher occupancy rates and enough passengers to pay the business class premium, i do not see any reason why airlines should provide that!

It's economy with slightly more room. Nothing like business class.

Samak, premium economy is actually a growing sector. More airlines are putting in their fleets (both scheduled and charter). I doubt they would if there was'nt the market there. Also as far as the airline is concerned premiun economy takes up far less room than proper business class. Most airlines either have or are moving towards flat beds in business class. Where as most premium economy cabins have a 38" pitch and one less seat per row than economy. They there for fit slightly fewer seats into that cabin than they would if it was economy but are able to charge 40-100% more than economy. As I said previously if they thought they could sell twice as many business class tickets on a regular basis they would have already have expanded their business class cabins. There are simply not enough people willing to pay these sort of prices and as another poster mentioned this would dilute their product and force them to significantly reduce prices to fill their business class cabins.

Simie.

When I registered for my AirNZ points thing, I discovered they'd put me in as Dr.

So I've been upgraded to Premium Economy a couple of times. Not much difference really, except there was no one else there. The Kiwis are too stingy to pay more for very little.

Even on Thai Business class - long haul - I always get an aisle seat so I get up and trot about when my legs ache.

Cheers

Coss

From the NZ annual report,

We remain the only airline offering

a Premium Economy product on all our longhaul

routes, and this cabin continues to perform

strongly. These are features that customers have warmly welcomed, and that reinforce our objective of ensuring our customers feel great about choosing us.

Archived