What is it like for the punters when...

TheCorinthian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in a Thai kareoke bar that was raided for being open after hours. I was the only farang and all the customers seemed embarassed on my behalf. They kept asking if I was alright.

Top police guy asked for my passport. Didn;t speak much (any) english. I nodded and gave it to him and acted very respectfully doing my best to pronounce my two words of thai that I knew whilst being stupendously pissed. (people kept topping my whisky up before I had even finished!).

after about 10 minutes allt he customers left and I guess the police stayed to arrange a "fine" for the owners. This was over a year ago though and not a p4p venue. was bricking it a little bit though.

I've heard of farangs being drug tested, don't know anyone this actually happened to though. Not sure what they do to you if you fail the test.

I was in X-Zyte in Pattaya one evening and during the show the lights came on, the music stopped, and Jon and Ponch and their posse walked in. The place was locked down and no-one was allowed to leave. They took a random selection of people (including me) and we were made to go into the bathroom and pee into a testing bottle. A cop stood by and watched the whole procedure.

They didn't ask me for passport, name or anything to confirm my identity which seemed weird at the time.

About 45 minutes later they left and the show started again. I didn't hear any more about my test. Not that there was anything they would have found in it apart from a lot of Chivas Regal!

I'm not sure if they hauled anyone out or not for testing positive to drugs, but if they did it was discreet.

To be honest, the whole proceedure seemed rather hap-hazard and poorly organised.

How closely did this cop watch you pee?

A couple of years ago when testing was in full swing, I had a panicky girl ring me from Bed where the cops were testing. She'd taken some E already that night. She managed to get someone else to give her a sample and all was well.

Would that have possible in your case?

Archived