What is it like for the punters when...

TheCorinthian

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through the routine a few years back at Q Bar and in answer to the question:

How closely did this cop watch you pee?

A couple of years ago when testing was in full swing, I had a panicky girl ring me from Bed where the cops were testing. She'd taken some E already that night. She managed to get someone else to give her a sample and all was well.

Would that have possible in your case?

One of Bangkok's finest offered to sell me "clean" pee for 1,000 Baht. I didn't need it, so I declined his kind offer. This was an open offer to everyone they were "testing". I think this should answer your question.

ND-

If I understood correctly...a strip of thick paper is put in the class filled with pee. About the length of a cigarette.

Several sections of the strip have chemicals embedded in them that react to the presence of certain drugs and the color changes as a result.

These things are horribly inaccurate.

Several sections of the strip have chemicals embedded in them that react to the presence of certain drugs and the color changes as a result.

These things are horribly inaccurate.

But have the patina of accuracy, which makes them horribly dangerous. You can find another example of this Grisham's an "Innocent Man", which does a great job of showing how the justice system in the US can go seriously wrong with junk science (in that case, mostly hair analysis). Now, think about things could go far worse in Thailand with junk science.

How do you test if it's clean, does it smell clean? Was it washed? Mind Boggles at the concept though I can see it's a good side business

It has a slightly more tart flavour than positive urine, with none of the lingering sick-sweet bubblegum-like aftertaste of dirty piss...

Ummm. I was in a very respectable BKK disco a couple of years back when it was raided and then asked to get in a line to give a urine sample.

I just went up to the chap who seemed the senior police officer, showed him my passport, gave him my business card, and said "Good night" taking my TG of the evening with me.

He almost saluted and told one of his subordinates to show me out. So, my rather advanced age did apparently count for something that evening.

I did, however, complain strongly to my embassy about this potential invasion of my privacy...something that I have never experienced in any other part of the world.

Archived