What is it like for the punters when...

TheCorinthian

OK, so you wiz in the cup, then what? Does it turn a specific color if you are on dope? I mean how do they test it?

In my line of work, we are subject to random drug testing. Each year, we get the spiel on how the terst works. *Allegedly* the "field tests" used are not reliable, hence a "forensic quality" test is done, until all "false positives" are eliminated.

I am assuming the cops are using a field test type thing, as testing for some drugs may take time. Or else it is all for show. SO what happens if they catch a Thai? and what about farangs?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O.H. You are right, field tests are not 100% They use a dip strip for testing. I like you am subject to random tests. When given notice I have to show up at center within 3 hours. Late and it's a auto fail.

Thatâ??s what they do to us. Fail the field test and they take hair and blood. Every now and then they even have a control person; someone that will test positive for a substance. They use him to see if the system is working. If the lab misses him, they know something is wrong.

With out offering offence, if I could briefly return the subject to the original topic; I was in one of the old Asoke/Suk bars one night when the BIB arrived. The Mama San just turned off the lights and when they left we sat and drank in the dark.

There was never any suggestion we had to leave without finishing our drinks and the girls just kept bring us fresh ones, then read the check bins with a little torch. Quite romantic.

Every now and then they even have a control person; someone that will test positive for a substance. They use him to see if the system is working.

Control guy? Tough work, but I guess somebody's got to do it... I'd volunteer, but the blow might interfere with my current work as a Durex condom tester... :D:D

And yes, base is popular in Bkk... I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a local legend that smoking base makes the blow undetectable -- but do they test for coke during check pee pee? I wouldn't think so, despite its rise in popularity these last few years.

Back to the original topic... I recall the Lao Chalern afterhours spot, it used to be open until mid-morning every night, with a cop sitting on the couch throughout much of the night, but every once in a while the cops would raid the place, make a show of shutting it down and halfheartedly but visibly looking for drugs hidden behind the couches. The next night - or half an hour later sometimes - the place would be open again, cop on the sofa as usual.

YimSiam

YimSiam

What about shitheads like me who get drugs legaaly via the avenue of prescriptions? If I piss, I am sure it will be positive so does that mean I should carry my precriptions with me at all times?

No, I think better if you leave the prescriptions with me, I'll carry them at all times, just to be sure you don't lose them...

Archived