Any good Peking duck?

Massagemob

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mrs. Hippie #2 took me to A place in the Times Square Building, (Soi 12-14 Sukhumvit) called Jasmine Chinese Restaurant. The Peking Duck was excellent.

The drill is, they bring you a duck, you say yes or no (I guess you can request a different duck if you don't like the one they bring) then they carve it up, serve the skin with 2 sauces, Scallions, "pancakes" and take the rest back to the kitchen to be prepared as you request.

We asked for a soup, and also a "sweet and Sour" type thing, both were very good! I forget exact prices, but it was around 1700bht, including rice, 2 vegetable dishes, and beverages, and fruit. I definitely found it a value for the money in terms of quality and atmosphere, and would go again. It is on par or better than any place in the SFO are. The Royal family does dine there at times.

All the items are A la cart, and come offered in 3 different sizes, small was enough for 2.

Just found the card!

Jasmine Chinese Restaurant

246 Times Sq. Building 4th floor

Sukhumvit between Soi 12-14

Reservations 0-2250 0501-3

Open 11:00-14:00 and 18:00-22:00

I also heard about a place called China Princess hotel or something like that, that is suposed to have good Peking Duck. Located some place in Yaowarot, but I really have no clue, as I have never been there, maybe one of the other guys?

Peking Duck is not the same as roasted duck. It is duck that has been scalded in seasoned boiling water, dried and left to blister for about 12-24 hours. That is what gives it the crunchy skin. This procedure is the reason it usually must be ordered in advance. Jasmine usually has it available, as do a few other places.

I have the recipe if anyone is interested.

There is a Restaurant on Sukumvit near Emporium that, I'm told, does excellent Duck.

Have been meaning to try it for a couple of years now, but somehow always get distracted.

Can't remember the name!! maybe someone can help.

Cheers DC

I think you're referring to "TIDBIT TREASURE" which used to be on Suk 33/1, now moved to the 2nd floor the Glass Building nearby.

They did have the best roast duck I've ever eaten but I don't know if they serve Peking Duck.

Hmm, should you tuck a nice Aussie red under you're arm, I'll help you find it.

It's a dddeal !!!! Consider it done. Another Shiraz...or something different....Let me know..I'll PT you my dates. I think Tiger gave you my schedule last night....lol.... see the T360 telegraph works just as well as the BG telegraph...5555

No, the place I'm talking about is on Suk (same side as Emporium) and (I think)just before Emporium heading to Soi 24....can't remember exactly

I recall we walked past it one night on the way to Tokyo Joe's (before they moved)

My friends commented about the place and said it was excellent for Duck

Hey Tiger, help me out here....you know the place I'm talking about!!!!!

dddave, look forward to trying it out on another of our legendary nights out!!!

A table for 4 Sir??....or maybe 6 if I can coax our "mate" down from upcountry...5555 shouldn't be too hard.

Cheers DC

Archived