Money for marriage

liquidflux

I have seen several passports of a lady that had changed her name, several times, but the Thai ID number was always the same on all of her passports.

Which is actually the number of her birth certificate! At least that's the way it is with my daughters. Gotta believe that's procedure.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes i think that as well.

There must be an interview with the couple at some point ..and they grill them a as to the relationship if real or not...here in OZ that happens..

Way back when...before 9/11 in the USA, I did a green card thing with the wife (at that tie) and went thru the interview process...it was nothing.

We chit-chatted with the Immi official, hen stamp-stamp after two minutes and on our way...however, YMMV, especially after 9/11...a friend s doing the same in the USA now, and they charge $1300 USD for her to get a green card (which is/was actually pink, go figure :dunno: ).

Well I believe the police report will show name change. Not sure.When I was doing work in Ca. several years back I found this neat little Thai place. Me and the old lady that owned it got to talking. She wanted her niece over here to work for her, but could'nt get her a work visa. she kept trying to set me up in the deal. Make you good wife when you here she kept telling me. I asked what's in it for me? Told her baht or dollars. Just could'nt come together on a good sum.She kept saying she had no money..

yea right

I have no idea how she got the name changed, or what was involved. Knowing how things work in Thailand it wouldn't surprise me at all if the new passport was for a completely different person, ID number and all.

I may be wrong, but I think fingerprinting on arrival to the USA is a fairly recent addition. It 's been 10+ years since she was here. Is it part of the process of acquiring a visa? I'm completely ignorant on that sort of stuff. She may have been fingerprinted when she was deported, but I don't know.

It never even crossed my mind to accept her offer, but I could see how someone might be tempted.

If you are caught, the penalties can be substantial:

Conspiracy to commit visa fraud carries a penalty of up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000. Filing a fraudulent visa petition carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000. Consequently, Tran faces a maximum penalty of up to 15 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

ICE (US Immigration and Customs Enforcement)is on the lookout for sham marriages. The ICE website has many references and stories about "Sham Marriages" at ICE link

In Sillypore there is a box that says "Have you ever been denied entry before under another name or passport"

I imagine even for a tourist to USA that would be there, no idea, however with marriage, IF she gets caught and YOU knew, or was proven you knew her by previous name and you lied about it,

I'd hate to be in yours shoes that day.

One thing she try's to go to USA on a tourist visa, another to knowingly commit fraud.

...There must be an interview with the couple at some point ..and they grill them a as to the relationship if real or not...here in OZ that happens..

It is my (limited) understanding that in addition to an interview...where they sometimes separate the two parties and see if they have the same answers to common questions, they may also visit the listed residence unannounced and verify that both parties actually reside there, share the same bed, etc..

Well, if Liquidflux were foolish enough to get involved, at least he should be bonking her to support the appearance of the relationship. He won't have to worry about the possible fines and jail until later... :shocked:

Archived