Advice regarding "GTG" - help!

longwoodguy74

Hey Guys,

I'm heading in to BKK middle of the month for a 2 week vacation.

Here's the deal - i've been emailing & SMS'ing with a thai-chinese girl that I randomly met on one of the many social networking sites out there today, and I could use a bit of advice...

Here's some background info. She's in her mid-twenties, thammasat grad, works for a well-known multi-national in BKK, super-pale skin, and just happens to be very attractive (judging from her many pics...) Her English is actually very, very good (though she says it takes her a while to compose her messages). A little more info, she lives with her family in a suburb north of BKK somewhere near Don Muang. Has a sib studying at Kesetsart. I imagine her family is pretty well off judging from family vacation shots at a rather pricey international hotel chain on the islands. She also doesn't drink or smoke and generally prefers quieter places or hanging out with her family.

Sooooo, anyway we're planning to meet up in a few days to hang-out in BKK. Kind of a "blind" date, I guess. Any tips on places to go or things to do? I know that's a pretty vague request but could certainly use any suggestions. Obviously, the bar scene is out. Maybe a cool cafe?

Thanks in advance,

LWG :beer:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do something romantic...not cheesy, but time together will be most important. If she's a really a 'good' TG, she will be more interested in you than the venue.

Avoid crap drinking venues, go for quality time together. When i found my GTG from heaven, some of the best times we've had have been doing simple things, like going around Emporium, Lumpini, up the Baiyok tower. The company was the most important thing. I have fond memories and those times, simple thought they were, made a strong bond.

Do something romantic...not cheesy, but time together will be most important. If she's a really a 'good' TG, she will be more interested in you than the venue.

Avoid crap drinking venues, go for quality time together. When i found my GTG from heaven, some of the best times we've had have been doing simple things, like going around Emporium, Lumpini, up the Baiyok tower. The company was the most important thing. I have fond memories and those times, simple thought they were, made a strong bond.

A good point. Will probably do something low-key at first. If we seem to click, maybe off to somewhere nice (a la facebar) for the second go-round.. Cheers, LWG

I don't know the face bar, but the GTGs i know aren't interested or impressed by alcohol consumption or smokey joints. She sounds really nice...'do' quality time, don't 'do' stereotypical stuff. Best of luck and let us know how it works out. I found my dream partner...i'm set for life, she's way better than i in terms of bad habits and behaviour. I hope to be as 'good' as her one day.

We've never been to any bar together, i wonder if we ever will. Quality intimate time is number one i feel. This could be the best experience you'll ever know.

I don't know the face bar, but the GTGs i know aren't interested or impressed by alcohol consumption or smokey joints. She sounds really nice...'do' quality time, don't 'do' stereotypical stuff. Best of luck and let us know how it works out. I found my dream partner...i'm set for life, she's way better than i in terms of bad habits and behaviour. I hope to be as 'good' as her one day.

We've never been to any bar together, i wonder if we ever will. Quality intimate time is number one i feel. This could be the best experience you'll ever know.

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like you've done very well- congrats! :beer:

This one might be a bit from left field, but a day-trip out to Kanchanaburi, or Nakhon Pathom could be an option.

The temple at Nakhon Pathom is actually a really interesting place and has the highest chedi in Thailand.

And Kanchanaburi has many things to keep you occupied for a day.

There's buses every few minutes from the southern bus terminal at Sai Tai Mai.

Or you could hire a car with a driver for the day.

IME, a lot of Thai girls like doing day-trips to places like this. A lot of them haven't even been to these places themselves so its new for them too.

Depends on her day-time work schedule and stuff, but just a suggestion.

Archived