Advice regarding "GTG" - help!

longwoodguy74

Too bad about your Rang Mahal experience. I rate the food there better than Hazara (save the Hazara leg of lamb, that's top notch). But then again, we all have different tastes.

Our regular restaurants will usually even waive the corkage if we show up with 3+ couples...

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, i'll try 'face' and see what's what, but i wont be ripped off...unlike some, i don't like being scammed...corkage it is...really SD, i'm sure you are wealthy, but get a grip! Food stalls generally charge 25-30 baht, so to spend 100 baht you must eat shitloads and i'm sure you spend lots of money in restaurants in the US, but try to remember this is Thailand where the generally received wage is around 8-10,000 Baht per month. Face is a rip off designed to suck money out of those too stupid to realise it.

Please remember that when buying Verve Cliquot in the UK, you have already paid tax to the government and markup by the restaurant (normally around 100%). I'm sure the import duty is steep in Thailand...but really, this is taking the piss...it's milk the stupid assholes time. It'll be interesting to see how full the place is...mutton dressed up as lamb? All 'face' and no substance...i will report back...the food had better be good.

...but get a grip! Food stalls generally charge 25-30 baht, so to spend 100 baht you must eat shitloads...

Nope, but I like variety. So, a plate of noodles, a few sticks of satay, a dessert, etc. And I always share with my friends. But if you are a loner with a one-track tastebud, then...I suppose.

Whatever. I spend what I want to make me and my 'associates' happy, but never get taken for a ride...I OFTEN say "no," and even more often bargain for a price. I won't apologize if my 'package' of goods/services is worth more than yours. Is it worth it? It is to me, and that's all that matters. And if you are in LoS and drinking high-end wine, then you're spending $$. So are you Mr F, or are you a poser?

As I said, we mix in different circles. No big deal, just reality.

Cheers,

SD

My family is very wealthy and my upbringing was one of sensual indulgence...i've been very fortunate, but now i'm removed from that lifestyle, slumming it in LOS and loving every minute of it...i can go to upscale places if i want, but at the end of the day, i'd rather save my money. I find most Thai restaurants perfectly adaquate and the food is healthy and tasty.

Maybe it's just me but i tend to only need a single dish to fill me up.

A very good dinner with top notch service in the USA costed $240 for FOUR people, including drinks and desert with after dinner coffee (Mmm.. Godiva White Chocolate Coffee).

Sure, I can go to places in Thailand that cost more, give worse service, and the food isn't half as good, but I'd rather not.

"Face is a rip off designed to suck money out of those too stupid to realise it."

This is what their Thai customers seem to think - they usually come only once and never come back.

But I beg to differ. At Face you can get things you just cannot get anywhere else in Thailand (this refers mainly to the bakery, the Indian restaurant is not so outstanding as the bakery). So if you want them (and if you can appreciate them - most Thais cannot) and if you are prepared to pay any price it is ok. Actually it is not so much more expensive than in Europe.

They do have quite a few regular farang customers

(Suadum seems to be one of them, although I have never seen him there).

BTW I was wrong about Rangsit, that was just a promotion and it is over

Archived