Steak Tonight - where?

CTO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outback Steakhouse is in Siam Discovery, second floor. Quality consistent with the chain in USA.

Really tasty, tender filet and decent prime rib. Tasty blooming onion, but they call it something different here.

Nobody mentioned Chok Chai Steak House on Soi 23, filet OK, used to have a good chateaubriand, but have changed the menu and no more chateaubriand. Also, tried the prime rib there once, it was awful, just pitiful and it wasn't prime rib but a rib steak (bone in). I don't recommend the place any more.

The farm is a good day out for kids, I had a good time, and a interesting story about the family that built it. Well worth the 2 hour drive to get there.

DON'T go on a Sunday, traffic coming back into Bangkok gets bad, aim for a Saturday or week day.

Tip - Driving into Bangkok and you hit the awful traffic around 30kms from the city? Take the Western Ringroad, and that will take you to the second tollway into the city, much faster. (Via Chaing Wattana)

Well....

...let's just say I ain' gunna break my record of that fateful day when Italy rolled "my boys" in the World Cup....and I left the best part of 30k Bt in a "Certain" WS establishment....(admittedly it was 2 sessions....afternoon and evening!!!)

I have absolutely NO recollection of the "game"....well football anyway...LOL...

So, a couple of decent steaks won't destroy the Budget...Neil's for 2 with a bottle of "Very average" Aussie Red will come in under 4k

I guess, maybe we could go to Sizzler for the all you can eat "Chook food" salad Bar...instead..

Nah..... might just stay in bed and order in som tum & Pizza....much better idea!!!

Cheers DC

Archived