Helloooo Leopard

Coss

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Coss,

Have also been eagerly awaiting Leopards arrival, and seeing it on two machines at work has sold me - my new Macbook Pro should arrive by the end of the week, hopefully.

At AUD 2899, this is an expensive piece of kit compared to its non-Mac competition, and I'm not completely convinced that the price difference between the dearest Macbook and the base MB Pro is completely justified, but it's one of the few times in my life where I can afford to throw caution to the wind (ok, a thousand odd bucks worth of caution, at any rate...). Being able to claim it on my tax (it will be my work machine as well as personal use) helps me rationalise the buy. I'm hopeful that some of the initial hardware issues the MBP suffered have been ironed out by now - in any case, it will be interesting to see if Leopard lives up to its promise on a daily basis.

Will give you all my impressions next week - look forward to hearing yours.

Cheers,

Gobble

Well certainly Macs with Tiger (10.4.x) are bloody good.

Leopard seems to be causing some folk grief, including me, but it would seem there are a lot of 3rd party apps that just aren't ready.

So like all good early adopters, I'm having to start with a vanilla install and then add sexy bits to it one at a time to see which work and which to discard.

Lot of faffing around, but Leopard is very good and initial use shows it to be faster than Tiger on both Macs I've put it on.

Cheers

Coss

Well certainly Macs with Tiger (10.4.x) are bloody good.

Leopard seems to be causing some folk grief, including me, but it would seem there are a lot of 3rd party apps that just aren't ready.

So like all good early adopters, I'm having to start with a vanilla install and then add sexy bits to it one at a time to see which work and which to discard.

Lot of faffing around, but Leopard is very good and initial use shows it to be faster than Tiger on both Macs I've put it on.

Cheers

Coss

I'm gonna wait a while and let my friends go first. Let them suffer the bugs first.

I dont think the whole iPhone sideshow has helped Leopard one bit - having to delay the release date to concentrate on getting a bloody *phone* out the door really underlines the extent to which 'Apple Computer' has morphed into 'Apple Inc' .. :thumbdown:

My little tirade aside, the Leopard preview that we were shown in Sydney last February looked very polished, but they didn't have to demo any 3rd party apps etc. Its an old truism that you don't buy the 'dot zero' release of anything, but I'm hopeful that the online update to 10.5.1 wont consume too much of my employer's bandwidth :smirk:

Archived