Building list of guest friendly hotel

khunsanuk

Khun Sanuk' date='

Grand Business Inn, Sukhumvit Soi 11 is guest friendly![/quote']A buddy of mine stayed there last year. He reported that it was a dump...

I'd have never called the Grand Business Inn a dump; sterile and lacking character certainly. There is a 'Business Inn' on Soi 11/1 which may have been said 'dump'. :dunno:

They take the girl's ID then check with you by phone in the morning / afternoon / evening when she collects it. http://www.aircentre.net/promotion/gbi/room.htm

Sandy Spring Hotel Pattaya is guest friendly :thumbup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
And while we're at it, what's the story with the Amari Nova Suites, which has a banner ad on my Thai360 pretty often? Guest un-friendly, I assume? Any enjoyable, comic, disappointing or just plain depraved experiences at Tim or Nova Suites?

Planning for january...

YimSiam

Did you mean Nova Platinum? That's the one I see adverts for (though I think both places are new).

I stayed in Nova Platinum this month and it is guest friendly. I wouldn't normally stay in such a place but, Pattaya Bay Resort being booked up (bloody 'normal' tourists! :cussing: ), I needed something sure at short notice, bookable over the internet and, being a new hotel, it had a special 'Buy 1 night, Get 1 free' deal which brought it closer to my desired price range.

I was a bit wary because it's part of the Amari group but one report on trip advisor said it was guest-friendly, so I went ahead. (From my research, I think Nova Suites is too.)

Needn't have worried. Checked in and, within 5 minutes (it's very close to Walking Street), I had brought back a 'Supergirl'. Got a salute and 'Sawadee khrap' from the security guard and he didn't even attempt to take any ID (maybe he thought it was my wife, me having booked for 2 adults :) ).

My next guest later on got in without a check too. Most girls weren't even checked as long as they walked in with me. Only a couple were. Not sure why they chose some and not others.

The staff were extremely friendly - perhaps the most friendly group I've ever experienced in any hotel. (This extended to one of the receptionists buttering me up with 'You have beautiful eyes/eyebrows/eyelashes etc' every time she saw me. :grin: )

Great pool with water slide, water falls, jacuzzi and bar. The 'gym' was tiny and not for any serious use. Rooms were good with a beautiful TV, flattering mirrors and very comfortable beds but, curiously, a little poorly thought-out in places. E.g. There was nowhere to put soap/shampoo etc in the shower. You had to put it on the floor! Later though, this was fixed.

My rate included breakfast. I'd give it a miss. One option - bland western food. And the woman in the kitchen tried to charge me for it and my 'companion' - even though I'd booked for 2.

Otherwise, the staff were great. Very friendly with the girl who stayed most nights with me, chatting away in the pool.

Other guests were mostly non-mongering types but, apart from a few over-noisy Indians, OK.

I had brought back a 'Supergirl'. Got a salute and 'Sawadee khrap' from the security guard and he didn't even attempt to take any ID (maybe he thought it was my wife, me having booked for 2 adults ).

So when you book, don't you have to provide a name for the second person / your companion? How do you get around that?

The staff were extremely friendly - perhaps the most friendly group I've ever experienced in any hotel. (This extended to one of the receptionists buttering me up with 'You have beautiful eyes/eyebrows/eyelashes etc' every time she saw me. )

Did you get her number? I happen to *love* Thai chicks who wear "Coke-bottle" glasses!! :grin:

I had brought back a 'Supergirl'. Got a salute and 'Sawadee khrap' from the security guard and he didn't even attempt to take any ID (maybe he thought it was my wife, me having booked for 2 adults ).

So when you book, don't you have to provide a name for the second person / your companion? How do you get around that?

I originally booked on the Internet where I only just noticed a space to include the number of people in a room. I chose 2 because I thought it might be one of those hotels where it mattered and, if not, I could provide the name of one girl for 2 nights. The next stage didn't ask me for the name of the second occupant.

I suspect it's OK to just book for 1. When I asked the porter if it was OK to bring a girl back, he didn't ask if I had booked for 2 before answering. And booking for 1 saves a few dollars. There's a surcharge for choosing 2 - for the crappy breakfast, I suspect.

Don't know why some girls escaped the ID checks and others didn't. Thinking back, the ones who escaped were better looking. The Supergirl, the lovely #xxx from Peppermint, etc...

The staff were extremely friendly - perhaps the most friendly group I've ever experienced in any hotel. (This extended to one of the receptionists buttering me up with 'You have beautiful eyes/eyebrows/eyelashes etc' every time she saw me. )

Did you get her number? I happen to *love* Thai chicks who wear "Coke-bottle" glasses!! :grin:

:cussing: She wasn't wearing "Coke bottle" glasses!

If she had been, she wouldn't have made the compliments. (Or at least not the eyes and eyebrows ones. I have got beautiful eyelashes. :smirk: )

Short haired, 24, kind of foxy. Spoke English with an American accent. I suspect she may have been Suadam's type but I'm not sure. Not big enough tits for me.

Sir ,

as a really innovative move on that important battlefield and one of the Kingdom's truely fundamental issues I may take the liberty to publish as a world-wide release on this very board that the Oriental Hotel , Bangrak has indeed changed it's policy towards the import of female Thai citizens approaching the property for dubious activities .

Sitting in the lobby on Thursday late evening I noted a gentleman walking through the main door with one of Siam's finest in tow . A young lass with halter top , abundant application of silver colour on her eyelids , skirt just about covering possible underwear . Soon the party got stopped by the security and I thought now they throw them out , but they did not . The manager was called , brief conversation and off they went to the lift .I fell from the sofa . It has always been the policy that frequent guests or guests with expensive suites could take girls in but no chance for the occasional visitors . As I could find out later they have indeed changed the policy . Tattoed individuals still face the risk of being thrown out , proper clothing and behaviour ensure free passage .

BuBi

Sounds interesting. :bangit:

But for thé cost of one night in the Oriental :twocents: you can spend a whole week :cover: in Eden (oooops, :nono: I have said the word). :scared:

But I love to sit on the terrace and watch the world go by (At the Oriental - not at Eden!)

MaW :yeahthat:

Unico Grande Sukhumvit in Suk Soi 1 is guest friendly if you book a double room. But unless your "guest" checks in with you, if you take her for breakfast in the hotel they will charge you 200 baht extra even though your room rate includes breakfast for two. Haven't tried to see what happens if you change to a new "guest" after checking in with a first "guest" - LOL.

Omni Tower on Suk Soi 4 seems totally guest friendly but not sure about breakfast as my room rate didn't include it.

Cheers,

DWS

Breakfast???

Don't spoil them!

My Weaner is all they get for Breakfast!

MaW

Noi du Jour

YimSiam

Lovely Phrase :applause::beer:

We do our best here on Thai360, MaW :) !

Back to the noble task at hand: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel on soi 4/6 was hassle-free for guests when I was there in January - registered for a single at the hotels' association desk at the airport, and met no resistance from desk or security despite listing dangerously to the left as I careened past the lobby at 6 am with my new friend Nit - or Nat, or was it Noot? - in tow, an open bottle of Singha in her hand...

Nice rooms at this place - about $100 for a two room suite with full bath, kitchenette, ashtray, the works. Seemed a reasonably good deal, only drawback was total lack of a view, as I was on a low floor. Staff very friendly. At that price, I'd do it again. (Same goes for Nit).

YimSiam

Archived