Another Bad Immigration Experience

MooNoi

I do not think ACD is the same as what bust is talking about. ACD generally means if you stay out of trouble for a year, the case is dismissed. But if you get in trouble again, the old case and the new case are brought up against you. As far as records are concerned, the arrest stays and it's deposition is also recorded.

The arrest and the deposition are removed after the year is over if you are not arrested again in that time frame. It is supposed to give you a clean start. If they showed the arrest the ACD would be pointless, you'd still have a record.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

returned home from a holiday on tuesday--LAX was very fast processing, no hassles, no locks broken, polite service, organised airport, my experience in and out of LAX not a yardstick obviously but i cant complain. and btw imo virgin airlines have the best economy service in any airline i've used :thumbup:

Don't look left, when you answer their questions because they'll think, by doing that, you are trying to think of something to say.

Body language is their new mantra. Since you know what they are going to ask, be prepared with your truthful answere and you won't waste their time or yours.

• 2 weeks later...

My worst experience was when I thought that if I brought back less than $400 worth of stuff, I wouldn't have to declare anything. (You have to declare everything of couse)...There I was with all my belongings laid out on the stainless steel table for inspection by the authorities, dirty undies and all...and there were ladies around :o . [This only happened because my wife asked me one year to bring something back, after years of traveling light, $0 souvenirs, 1 carry-on}] I eventually made it thru there unscathed (no strip search, body cavity search, etc.), but not before the inspector gave me an evaluation form -- he wanted me to evaluate his performace! :)

last week I entered the EU via Vienna Airport

Hello sir, Custums control,

you seem to be in a hurrz.

well zes iv been travelling for 32 hrs, Im tired wanna gohome.

Passport please..

(show my dutch Passport)

where did you come from?

bangkok, hongkong,dubai

ahh. did you buy anything there ?

well no I was working (hahahahah)

any cigarets ?, yes, one sleeve ( I show the sleev, not mentioning the 3 others in my backpack and suitcase, not to mention the Iphone and dvds and three fake watches for xmas presents ..

ok , welcome back...

I get picked out 50% of the time, but they never really searched my belongings.

Archived