Another Bad Immigration Experience

MooNoi

Travel in or thru the USA sucks!!!

I need to fly back the third week this month and I am dreading it big time!!!

Is the USA is the ONLY country where people seem to have hassle or what???

It's not always a hassle. Leave your bag unlocked. I write the digital # on white tape above the lock, in case it gets turned, and take it off when I leave the airport.

If they push you around, push back. Timid people are suspicious to them. They just want a reaction. HSA records your conversation so don't make any stupid jokes. Just the facts in a clear manly voice.

USA is probably the worst but it is the #1 target for the jihadist rats.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of bad immigration experience, I imagine there are lot of expat w/ criminal records not being able travel like they did before 9/11, giving the increased security and updating of criminal records data in the immigration computer systems at the airports.

Not sure about other countries but Australia has what is called Extinguished Convictions legislation. Any conviction (except violent crimes) does not have to be declared and can be removed from publication data bases.

Not sure about other countries but Australia has what is called Extinguished Convictions legislation. Any conviction (except violent crimes) does not have to be declared and can be removed from publication data bases.

NYC has ACD (adjurnment contemplating dismissal.) It may vary city to city, state to state.

I do not think ACD is the same as what bust is talking about. ACD generally means if you stay out of trouble for a year, the case is dismissed. But if you get in trouble again, the old case and the new case are brought up against you. As far as records are concerned, the arrest stays and it's deposition is also recorded.

This relates to your criminal record. Forgot to mention that it applies after 10 years. If I wanted to go to the US and they ask on my visa application have I ever been convicted of any serious crime I would not have to tell them I spent 3 years in gaol 14 years ago for drug charges. Example only I didn't really spend 3 years in gaol OK.

Archived