Another Bad Immigration Experience

MooNoi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back last Friday from Bangkok,I knew I was going to be searched because the customs officer at SFO asked me if I usually Travel alone to Thailand.When I said yes he marked my declaration card with some kind of code.So after I picked up my luggage has I was leaving, gave my declaration card to the exiting customs officer he looked at my card and asked me to get in line to be searched.

It wasn't so bad,I was honest with them told them I go to Thailand often,picked up the girls visted expat friends.I was so honest and relaxed he just lightly looked at my stuff.Told me he go's there himself, have a nice day and I can go through.IF your not nervous honest you should have no problems,of course there is always the occasional asshole but in 15 years of going to Thailand I only been stoped twice

Tempting fate here......

NEVER had any "problems" from Customs travelling from and to BKK / EU - transitting through many different EU airports. Probably been asked a couple of questions by immigration, but nothing invasive.

So there :content:

And that includes on tickets bought in cash shortly before departure and a couple of times recently same day.....which I thought was some sort of "red flag" nowadays. and I have a beard!

My secret? Dunno!

I always look bored and resigned when travelling and if someone (anyone!) starts me off talking about Thailand they quickly get bored :smirk:

And the irony is I am half tempted to hijack an aeroplane and crash it into a large building just to prove the point that the Security nowadays is little more than a money making scare tactic aimed at those they claim to protect........otherwise it would not be largely staffed by folk on McD wages.

Just as well that thought crime is not a crime :thumbup: Oh shit, it is now :thumbdown: :onfire: :onfire:

DEATH TO THE INFIDELS! :evil:

• 1 month later...

I was stopped by a Thai immigration official at Don Muang a few years ago when entering Bkk from another Asian city. He didn't say anything to me at first, just motion me to the desk and asked me to open my cabin bag. I followed with instruction. While I wass opening my bag, I said in Thai with a smile, "Do I have to?" (��อ��รว���วย�หรอ?). The official said with a surprise,"You are Thai!" ("อ�าว ����ย�หรอ�รั�") It's pretty funny. So they didn't really search anything in my bag and let me go. I guess they think I look like a national of the country where I travelled from.

Off topic a little. I have had several occasions where flight attendents talking to me in English. And when I talked back in Thai, they were quite surprised. I'm sure I look like a typical Thai. But why they are mistaken me for other nationalities I don't know. :sex:

GTG

Home Security Administration

You guys are a bit mixed up. There isn't any HSA. There is a Department of Homeland Security. "TSA" is the Transportation Security Administration and is an agency of the Department of Homeland Security (as are a bunch of other agencies such as Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Agriculture, Immigration, blah blah blah.

HH

I do not think ACD is the same as what bust is talking about. ACD generally means if you stay out of trouble for a year' date=' the case is dismissed. But if you get in trouble again, the old case and the new case are brought up against you. As far as records are concerned, the arrest stays and it's deposition is also recorded.

[/quote']

The arrest and the deposition are removed after the year is over if you are not arrested again in that time frame. It is supposed to give you a clean start. If they showed the arrest the ACD would be pointless, you'd still have a record.

Nope. In the US, the arrest record stays. Before age 30, I was arrested often and (almost) never convicted. Every arrest was there to haunt me the next go round. Once, when arrested in NY, my lawyer chewed me out for not mentioning an arrest in California several years earlier, an arrest in which they dismissed all charges (as usual :) ).

i used to cop a real hard time coming back into australia. now after 21+ trips they assume that i am returning from work and only ask me if i have any dirty work boots. last few times they didnt even xray my bag just give me a Thumbs up and send me on my way. see a few old guys get dragged out the back for a full inspection of cameras and stuff.

Archived