Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest

Fidel

<< Under international law, authorities in France are obliged to open an investigation when a complaint is made while the alleged torturer is on French soil. >>

I supposed the Froggies have investigated a lot of political leaders from their former colonies when they visited France.

:dunno:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now France can also go after Canada!!!

Canada brushes off allegations of Afghan torture

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071029/wl_nm/afghan_canada_dc

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada brushed off allegations on Monday that Taliban members captured by Canadian troops and handed over to Afghan authorities had been tortured, saying the militants often made false claims of mistreatment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Canada's minority Conservative government, which ran into serious trouble when faced with similar accusations earlier in the year, signed a deal with Kabul in May allowing Canadian officials unlimited access to prisoners. Ottawa said the deal would combat torture...

Some folks seem to find it difficult to understand the difference between "France" and international Human Rights groups, so the predictable French bashing is taking its course....

Enjoy your Freedom Fries. :sleeping:

"International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) along with the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), and the French League for Human Rights (LDH) filed the complaint on Thursday after learning that Rumsfeld was scheduled to visit Paris."

I thought the idea is/was, if a group makes a complaint in France, then the French government has to investigate it? Hence, the French Government is involved...which is NOT a bad thing. Yes, people here have bashed the French (as they have the USA, and others) but this is a step in the right direction, and needs to be encouraged by other nations.

I thought we (that is, the US) just installed a French stooge in France through the last election, that Sarkozy guy? What was the point of going to that effort if we can't even dictate who they can and can't arrest?!

And yes, I'm sure French culpability might be found somewhere - Chad, Rwanda, Algeria? Can always dig up something...

As pointed out earlier, this is not about the French government, it is about the French people/Human RIghts activists.

Our politicians aren't going to call these assholes to account, so measures have to be taken into the hands of individuals.

Fair play to 'em!

Kissinger is in the dame boat. He had to flee France in the past.

I say we leave nowhere for these bastards to hide.

Archived