Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest

Fidel

Isn't 'Baby Doc' the former head of Haiti living comfortably in France? How come these groups haven't gone after him? Its selective and that's my issue with it.

The now deceased Arafat got medical treatment in France didn't he? Or at least visited his wife who lives there. I don't recall the same for him?

I guarantee you the last thing the French government wanted to do was detain Rummy. If the french people can live with the consequences, keep him. We don't want him anyway..lol...but they'd end up doing most Americans a favor by keeping him as well as cutting their own economic and diplomatic throats in the process.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question remains, "Where is the world court in all of this?" O.k. so maybe these guys in France are delusional, and overly optimistic, but it does seem to reason certain people need to be tried in all of this...and we can try the ones you mentioned as well. But I would hope in this world, we could find more than a handful of "lunatic" (maybe they aren't so crazy?) Frenchmen who want to see some sort of justice here.

Isn't 'Baby Doc' the former head of Haiti living comfortably in France? How come these groups haven't gone after him? Its selective and that's my issue with it.

Well, the difference is that what Rumsfeld was involved in is happening right now. Maybe it's not too late to make a difference..

The world court only tries cases between states, not individual criminal cases. Plus, the US no longer accepts automatic jurisdiction, so they have to voluntarily submit to it - something they would not be like to do on this issue, even if a case was brought by another state!

Best thing I have seen the French do. Unfortunately this probably will put France on the USA's shit list but it might wake other countries up about what is right and wrong.

France was on the USA's shit list already when they condemned the Bush Master's planned invasion of Irak.

When was it that Americans stopped buying French wine and cheese? :shocked:

Archived