700 baht barfines at Soi Cowboy

Neo

Soi 1 closing?

The place is a nice sit up. Nice short time rooms, etc. Actually, the short time rooms are one of the best I have seen. The girls at the bars are very friendly. The cost of a drink and bar fine are cheaper then Nana or Soi Cowboy.

The problem they have is no farangs.

I would hate to see this place fold. What was it, the place was built two years ago?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just arrived in Pattaya after a few days in Bangkok and so far the Bar fines are still the same here - even the uppity Super Baby its still 500 baht for the BF.

Had a surprise in the new place Sisters last night, speaking of costs: had just one bottled beer as I was on the crawl (though I liked what I saw there), the bill - only 35 baht!!! :thumbup:

Yes - they have their happy hour between 8 and 9 where bottled beer is only 35 baht.

Good for the punter, but stupid for the bar IMO.

What is the point of it? They're making about 3 or 4 baht on a bottle of beer! And it doesn't included Heineken - only Tiger, Singha, Chang I think. Why not Heineken? :dunno:

I went in there a few nights last month when I was in Pats as it was a cheap place to drink in air con comfort while waiting for other places to open between 8 and 9pm.

I had about 3 beers in there each time and bought no LD's. So the bar has made about 9 baht off me. The girls didn't seem that interested in talking to any punters in the place at the time. If you were Ricky, (that manager - who actually isn't a bad bloke all being said), wouldn't you tell the girls to try and get at least 1 LD out of a punter during that happy hour so the bar can at least try and make a little bit of money out of someone?

Maybe they do it so that you "like what you see and come back later" - it didn't work for me. Not that many cuties in there.

And it's one of those gogos with one of those silly "reducing bar fines" as the night goes on... are they selling pussy or not? :doah:

It was much better than the old "HONEYS" used to be in the same spot, but has some weird marketing ideas, that's for sure.

Is it only one owner raising the barfine? :confused:

I don't know how wide spread it is in the SC bars at this point. I heard the 700 baht figure a number of times that night, a number I had never heard before so it really stuck out. I think two of them were on OH's list of bars; Spice Girls for sure. Spice Girls was the first bar to charge 140 for drinks when elsewhere was 120 or less and stuck out like a sore thumb. But now 140 is commonplace. So even if 700 baht barfines aren't totally common in Cowboy yet, it may be the leading indicator the era of them is arriving.

700 baht is just not far from what is in many people's mind the "boycott" price of 1000 baht barfines that happens every new years. If you factor in devaluation of the dollar, it's actually already there for a lot of us.

Guys, u need to relax. I've barfined out of several "major" and small bars on SC in the last 2 weeks. Barfines were in the 500-600 baht range. Girls I've talked to abhor the increase in barfine prices, as guys are resistent to paying them...only drinking and buying an occasional "lady" drink. More guys are trying to make arrangements to meet the girls AFTER closing to avoid the barfine. This makes it more difficult for the girls to make their barfine quotas. Yeah, I heard that Baccarat was asking 700 barfine. With few exceptions, nothing there really exceptional IMO...except shit attitudes and living off it's past "glory". I see that a lot of Khon Nippon have started patronizing many other bars now. BTW, got one of the better Doll House girls down from 3000 LT to 2000 in about 3 minutes. By the time she agreed to 1500-1700, I was not interested. So all u rich guys, keep paying the 2000-3000 and rationalize it all u want. You simply don't understand that 1000 baht is a HUGE amount for most bargirls. I'll post some "for instances" when I have time. Need to take a "nappy" before Gullies and another march on Cowboy tonight. :-)

HH

NM,

My 35 baht beer was closer to about 2200. Don't know if the girl made a mistake or it could have been the daily specials they seem to be having all the time.

Went there last night only intending to stay for 1 Tiger (which now was back to 95 baht) but was having so much fun stayed the whole night!

It was quite busy and from what I saw everyone was having a blast. It also seemed the girls won't hassle you (for drinks) unless you somehow invite or "smile" them over, which is something I like anyway.

Didn't see any "10's" but there were for sure some decent girls there and quite a few got BF'd last night.

I know this is a new place and sure hope it does well.

Hi BrownFox,

Don't get me wrong - I've got nothing against the bar at all. As I said, Ricky seems to be a nice enough guy, and whilst I didn't see any stunners to my taste, there were still a couple of girls in there I would happily go home with "if I had to!"

I hope the bar does well too, I was just saying I didn't understand their happy hour marketing strategy and I don't like gogos that have bar fines that reduce in price as the night goes on.

Well.....it's now official in Pattaya...not just the drinks or ladies...that's gunna cost - check this out;

Hotel room rates to rise as Pattaya goes for upper end of tourism market

Pattaya Mail http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml

Chatchawan Supachayanont (right) announces hotel rooms in Pattaya

are going to become more expensive next year following a decision

by THA-EC to increase room rates.

Ariyawat Nuamsawat

Hotel rooms in Pattaya are going to become more expensive next year following a decision by the Thai Hotel Association - Eastern Chapter (THA-EC) to increase room rates, after discovering that prices were lagging behind those of competing Asian destinations.

Committee members and members of the association were asked for cooperation in adjusting their rates during a meeting at the Dusit Resort on November 1, when the strategy for next year was discussed and plans drawn up for attending ITB in Berlin in February.

ITB is one of the biggest international events in the tourism industry calendar, and the Eastern THA will conduct a major promotional campaign there.

Association chairman Chatchawan Supachayanont said that the campaign should focus on the quality end of the tourism market to expand Pattayaâ??s base in that sector.

Chonburi Administrative Organization and Pattaya City have been asked for a support budget of 6 million baht for ITB, and to date 3 million baht has been raised.

The THA-EC has asked members attending ITB to design their stands at the exhibition to reflect the upmarket approach that is being adopted.

Competition from other Asian destinations is, however, going to be intense, and Chatchawan said that one problem for Pattaya City is the standard hotel rate. Hotel owners and operators have kept their rates deliberately low to attract large numbers of visitors, and as a result Pattaya lags behind in terms of both revenue and image.

This is particularly the case when you compare the hotel room rates to nearby competing countries such as Malaysia and Vietnam, he said.

â??There is worry about sharing the tourism market with Vietnam, because the country is increasing its investments in tourism, and this may affect tourism in Pattaya,â? said Chatchawan. He added that Pattaya was still expected to stay ahead because of its large number of attractions and its well-developed facilities, but in terms of development strategy there had to be a focus on the future.

Chatchawan told association members that Pattaya City has provided a 20 million baht budget for other marketing promotions in 2008, including advertising and providing information for the markets inland and abroad.

Of this, 12 million baht will be used for overseas promotions, focusing on Russia, the Middle East, India and Japan. The remaining 8 million baht would be used for domestic promotions and an advertising company will be appointed to devise a promotional campaign.

Archived