TOUCHDOWN!!!!

dahmer

Arrived at noon today.

Looked for a cab and everyone wanted 700-800!!!!

I refused them all. Went to the cab stand and it was 400. Best I could get.

No bad. I did notice one thing. ALOT of higher end automobiles??? Last year, it was nothing like what I saw today.

lets see:

a new (06-08) BMW M5

at least 3 new style 5 series BMW

A nice CLK with Borbet rims

alot of MB CDI

a new s-class

just surprising.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem #1 - looking for a cab shows vunerabilty to not knowing how the system works so vultures jump on those types..

wave off predators and head straight to the meter taxi stand. 200B, plus 50B surcharge plus 65B for tolls and you are delivered to soi 4 nana. I even throw in 50B for driver since it was a no-hassle, trying to screw me type of ride...

As soon as one negotiates, one is in trouble and will always pay more than a meter equivalent....

CB

Arrived at noon today.

I did notice one thing. ALOT of higher end automobiles??? Last year, it was nothing like what I saw today.

lets see:

a new (06-08) BMW M5

at least 3 new style 5 series BMW

A nice CLK with Borbet rims

alot of MB CDI

a new s-class

just surprising.

Not really. The hi end cars were all over the place in Nov 96, all bought on credit. By Sept 97 they were all over the used car lots and off the streets. Back then there was a major building boom and everyone was speculating on real estate............

Today I saw a E46 M3 with Hamman rims!!!!!!!!

then walking around there was a red Ferrrai 360 Modena??????

trust me, I know cars. I own and have owned alot of nice rides and consider my self a definite car guy.

The gogo dancer last night(NEP-Hollywood something) was a hottie. owned her own house(1.2million) and her own car. Infact we wnet to her car since it was around the corner from my hotel and she was staying at another hotel while she danced. She needed her phone which as most girls in BK have, was top of the line.Her car was a NEW Honda Accord and it had rims on it too!!!!!! She did say she owned a coffeshop and a shoe store and had no habits. No drinking, no smoking, no drugs. Not sure abouther owning a house, coffeshop or shoe store, but she was hot and did have a car.LOL

Now was 400 really too much for the cab??? that was at the cab stand. included all charges. I thought that was reasonable. i did follow what you all said and tip much more lightly. Room serice I give 40 baht, I found my maid and gave slipped her 100 and asked for extra towels. Which she gladly left me. i have a gator tour tomorrow which costed me 2500, prepaid. What should i leave the girl???? oh yeah, red Bulls are 10 bhat here!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Quick question. i see alot of Thai massage places. With a sign listing foot, oil, cream, etc

Do these places offer FS??? or just massage. they do have a bunch of girls out front of each of them. i have had a soapy before and will pass. just wondering if that would be a nice afternoon session???

Archived