TOUCHDOWN!!!!

dahmer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude, glad yer havin' fun, but why surprised? Who said there isn't money in LoS? There's a lot of it. Obnoxious wealth. Everyone in my 'hood ('cept me LOL) drives a Benz C320, Bimmer 5-series, Audi A6 or better. There is also a (original H1) Hummer, a couple of Rolls' and the odd Italian supercar or three. Take a walk down Thonglor at 11pm some night and see the rides the Thai kids have -- they'll be parked outside of the clubs there. And don't forget, all those imported cars have an ~80% import duty, so cost almost twice as much as in the States!

The mistake you made at the airport was to not insist on the taxi using his meter.

Those little massage joints vary. Some give full service, some just a handjob and some just a massage. Ask a specific location here and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what they offer. Just don't be offering money to any/every Thai girl thinkin' she's a ho. Good way to get yerself a long hospital stay...

Cheers,

SD

OK, so the general consensus was me paying 400 bhat total(tax, tolls) was too much to go to nana from theairport??? reading the other guys post, with tolls, tax it came out to a few bhat less. If you guys call that ripped off. I can deal with that. i just took an Croc farm tour today and gave my guide 500bhat tip. She was cool and I had a good time. i know you guys will say i am a sucker, but what is 500?? Like 16 bucks??? i also had a great foot massage at a spa and gave the girl 200 tip. Call me a jerk, but i am having a blast. I took your advice on tipping room service, restuarants, maids, bartenders. But the other stuff?? Who cares. Everything is so cheap, i am happy to do it. Both girls I had so far for LT I gave an extra 500. Like I said, it is 16 bucks!!!! As for the Massage places I am askimng about. I mean the ones on Sukumvit, right around NEP. They always have girls sitting in front of them.

OK, so the general consensus was me paying 400 bhat total(tax, tolls) was too much to go to nana from theairport???

Depends, really.

If your cab was sporting Hamman rims, I think it's only fair. I mean those rim-jobs really do suck ass, don't they?

But if you cab had just plain old boring Borbet rims, why pay the premium?

Personally, I always look for Grunefelder-Schweigen rims, offset with Rotard-Vestibule knobs and side-winding maxi-Hannmeister widgets (but not the 2002 edition please!) Well worth the extra for the guaranteed smooth rim-jobs.

I've even heard that some taxis are now outfitted with Lombard-crafted Amaranti rims (in blue!!!) but have not been able to confirm. Have you seen these yet? Would love a picture.

Archived