Where is the KIS???

drogon

Thanks SD but I still have no idea where it is in BKK.... :dunno: (the Korean international school)

google maps does not help a lot either.

By the way, would someone have contacts within this school?

Here is my situation

I am looking forward for any hints/tips about job interviews for Korean schools.

To sum it up. There is a position offered for a kyopo (gyopo?) in a Korean school overseas. (I precise that I am an adopted Korean)

Problem is I am not bilingual but as I should have no problems learning Korean.

They are recruiting (urgently) through a Korean recruiting agency.

I am therefore looking for advices about job interviews in Korea.

(will most probably be interviewed by phone)

My strengths:

- Been educated mainly in English speaking countries.

- I have been working for more than 6 years within MNC where English is the only language used.

- I have 2 years teaching experience (teenagers) and 2 years as technical English trainer.

- I already have some professional experience in the country where the position will be based

- They want a "Korean" or Kyopo to teach their Korean teenagers some English (do not misunderstand me, I just say that this is a Korean school and they want someone with a Korean face.......)

-> Thanks for any tips/hints about how to land this position.

And yes I am crazy to drop a good paying job to teach "English" just for the sake of living in Thailand although I have to admit that if I could get my hands on this one the salary is not too bad (at least as a teacher)

Bad point is: I am not fluent in Korean

(although it is a quite simple language)

but I should overcome this by mentioning that they want someone to teach English not Korean....

Long way from anything, mate. Out Lat Krabang way. The far northeastern reaches of the city. It makes Bang Na look to be walking distance from middle Sukhumvit (the far right of #23 on the map below)!

Looking at the bus schedule, only the 131 regular or the 1108 Air-con Bus' go there, so you know it's far away if only two buses go there. Here's some maps:

1195321143-bangkokmap2.jpg

1195319727-nongchokmap.jpg

Cheers,

SD

This is becoming the new "in" section of town to move out to - close to the airport and lots of really nice housing developments on large tracts of land with lakes and klongs. I would say with the new bridge over the river and when they finish the widening of the outer ring road, then traffic conditions in this area will improve enough to be enjoyable to live out here (with a car).

Archived