Saudi Arabia and racism?

drogon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The main reason why this position is of interest to me is the fact I will be able to fly 3 or 4 times/year for 2-3 weeks R&R to BKK.........

Short-term that might be a great reason to take a job, but what about long-term. :nono:

Ok... I understand why that would be tempting.

But is it a job that will be good for your LONG-TERM FUTURE? :dunno:

IMO, taking a job just so you can stay in LOS or visit there regularly isn't good "future financial planning".

Plenty of examples of that in Thailand - guys who are doing crappy, appallingly-paid jobs in LOS just so they can "keep living the dream", which often is really a nightmare.

Do the hard yards now job-wise, go to LOS when you can, and then once you've set yourself up enjoy LOS as much and as often as you like! :beer:

Full of good advices moonoi and I thank you.

Truth to be told, this job:

- would enable me to go more often to Thailand

(and with air ticket paid)

- Salary wise it is more than what I am currently earning so it is a very good salary.

- would allow me to go back to my initial training

- This is a mid-term job, as there are already some upgrades in the tube for the next 5 years and the company is looking for someone whom they would stay for at least a few years.

Main bad points:

- Security situation in Saudi Arabia

(the same company lost 4 Frenchies in February)

- working in the gulf...But as I would only have to deal with the military then it is a bit easier.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, my statement could be confusing. I quit because I couldn't hack it there after 6 years in LOS, also I was being paid late every month and getting no support from HO in Bahrain. But in terms of Saudi cities, Jeddah is not that bad a place especially as it's on the Red Sea and they don't have those fanatic religious police.

Archived