Tracking Someone Being Deported

bust

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish but officially she is not even Burmese.

The joys of being stateless. :banghead:

Unfortunately my friend although legally in LOS is very reluctant to place himself in a position of scrutiny. I can appreciate his concerns.

If you or a friend are in Thailand, I'd say:

Go to one of the copy shops across the street and ask how you might find out whether or not someone's been registered in Suan Phlu, or departed... or the sketchy lawyer route... or just walk right up and ask? I think there are only two cells that hold women and young kids -- you could probably get a Burmese woman (one with papers, of course) to visit and ask around for her.

It's also possible that they just let her walk - stranger things have certainly happened. Was her accuser/victim particularly influential? There's the very, very off chance that they've stuck her in the Special Detention Center out near the police club and Laksi while waiting for the bosses to tell them what to do with her - but that would be very unusual. (Plus, they're probably trying to keep SDC vacant these days - it's usually reserved for coup plotters of the failed variety... Only in LOS...)

Hope you get some news soon --

YimSiam

Thanks Bangkoktraveler

Another boardmember who has taken money and deposited into her account while she was in Khlong Phem has offered to utilize his local connections and try and re-trace her movements.

Have sent a letter off to UNIFEM outlining my concerns so will just have to wait.

Thanks for your concerns

On release from prison all prisoners are sent to the police station where they were taken after their arrest. This is a formality and can be done in an hour or so. They are then processed through the Immigration Department at Suan Phlu. You can visit Suan Phulu every morning and evening. If you have her name they will let you see her.

She can be deported thru a number of points, but Thai immigration police will not normally pay for the transport.

If there is a record of her leaving the country its not difficult to find.

On release from prison all prisoners are sent to the police station where they were taken after their arrest. This is a formality and can be done in an hour or so. They are then processed through the Immigration Department at Suan Phlu. You can visit Suan Phulu every morning and evening. If you have her name they will let you see her.

She can be deported thru a number of points, but Thai immigration police will not normally pay for the transport.

If there is a record of her leaving the country its not difficult to find.

Ok not sure if you have read the entire thread or not but I will bring you up to speed.

She was arrested an originally charged at Thong Lor Police Station. She was held there for approximately a week and I visited her every day. She was then transferred to Khlong Phem awaiting her day in court. Again I visited her almost daily before having to leave and head home.

Khlong Phen have confirmed her release on the 14 December but Thong Lor claim to have never received her.

Here lies the problem I am facing.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no news.

Was reading this earlier.

The Immigration Detention Centre houses up to 1,200 illegal migrants from around the world.

Most are held for only a few days before they are returned to neighbouring countries

Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia. Other detainees, from countries as far flung as Uzbekistan,

Nepal and Nigeria, remain in the Centre for a year or more.

Now I was told today that because she has no official Burmese ID (work permit was a bought one)

it may prevent them from sending her back to Burma. She may have also claimed she is Nepalese as she was actually born there but can only claim Nepalese citizenship if her father is Nepalese but in her case he is Burmese and mother is Nepalese.

What a nightmare.

Could someone also confirm that to call Suan Phlu Detention Center directly from Bangkok you dial 2287-3101

The latest curve ball is that to obtain any information I need name of the detainee

room number and IDC number... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Archived