Hua Hin recommendations please

Alfmaz

Try

Subhamitra Hotel, 19 Amnuaysin Road.

+66 32 511 208 and +66 32 511 487

email: subhamitrahotel@yahoo.com

Ms. Pensen is the lady I dealt with.

The rate was in 2007 - Thai Baht 535 Fan Room but you can get an AC room for a little more.

I found it to be clean, convenient to the bars etc.

Might suit your needs.

They didn't have a web site when I looked last.

Hua Hin:

I finally made it. Had a great time. I picked the Fresh Inn Hotel and had driver drop us off at hotel. The hotel is beautiful and the restaurant is excellent - we ate at Fresh Inn Hotel restaurant twice. The price had jumped up from earlier posts as the hotel is going thru extensive upgrading. The asking price was 1500 bt and slightly above my range. And I would have stayed but the construction noise. I think they should have lowered the price during construction not raised it. But the hotel was real clean and the staff was exceptional.

We walked. Head down soi (south) toward Damnernkaseam Rd. Stumbled into PP Villa or Puangpen Villa Hotel (are they the same?). Anyway, we got two rooms - there were 4 of us - two couples. One room out back near pool and one in the front section (walk up) - with slightly different prices. Decent hotel. Nice staff. Pool was excellent. We did have breakfast at hotel across street (forgot name). Construction going on there too.

Great location. Had a quite enjoyable time.

As my initial plan was to go alone, I did find the Victory Monument in Bangkok that has the mini-buses. Nice little market area there and I found real fresh squeezed orange juice at this little outside market area.

Circumstances changed and one person turned into four. And we were in Pattaya. So we booked a cab for 2800 bt door to door from Pattaya to Hua Hin. Interestingly, the booked fare from outside the PP Villa hotel back to Pattaya was 2500 bt. I did find the bus station in Hua Hin if I ever have to visit again - alone.

I usually stay at the P Villa, on the main drag, not far from the Burger King and the convience store. It is maybe 200 meters from the beach? About 800 bht a night, nice clean rooms with lock box, you set the combo! and a pool. Parking for your car or Motor bike.

If you go passed the PP Villa, first right, about 50-100 meters on the right is a very nice place, quiet garden type place, pool and most rooms face the pool. Was 1200 a night.

The Sand or similar name near the "sanuk street" is o.k. but nothing fancy. Maybe 6-700bht.

For ultra top end, try the bungalows at the Soffitel. Maybe 5,000+

Archived