thai wages

belfastish

i noticed thailand to be a lot more expensive now,i know theres a 2 tier prices but still.

say like

someone who works in a bar(irish bar etc no barfine type of place)

construction worker

hotel receptionist

mcdonalds

doctor

policeman

very curious about this as i dont really know myself,but ive probably tiped a days wage before.

also it must make thais sick when these farangs flash or drink a days wages in half an hr.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lowest end construction worker and bar, 3-5k, some from adjacent countries even below

hotel receptionist depending on english skills 4-7k

mcdonalds: never go to mcdonalds so do not know

police: lowest ranks 5-7k

doctor: very broad range! from 20k start salary beyond one million

The Thais I know:

One lady working in Koh Chang, 5 stars hotel, front office desk: 9K plus benefits such as accomodation paid by the hotel group.

One Thai engineer: Paid 15K, freshly graduated, works in BKK for a big local company.

Lives with one of his sister, rent:around 2K

(he pays the rent as the sister studies at university)

One young journalist: 11K, she works for a local Thai newspaper in Khorat. Nakhon Ratchasima, less paid than her male colleagues.

(rent around 1K)

One bargirl: Working in a high-end club in BKK, beds customers, makes around 80-120K, no sponsors.

Studies at university

(rent 1.5K, small apartment she shares with another bargirl)

One bargirl: works in BKK cocktail bar: Beds customers, several sponsors, around 140-180K.

Lives in a cosy apartment cost: Around 6K

One bargirl/hostess: Works in BKK, cocktail bar, does bed customers (pretends she is virgin but I do not believe her in this case), seems she has no sponsors, at university (which is true), makes between 8-18K.

Lives in a room, cost 1.5K

All these "salaries" are net, paid monthly and I can confirm that they are as close as possible to the true figure they earn.

Seems that none of them encounters difficult ends of month except for the biggest earning BG who spends everything and saves nothing......

The others managed to save something every month

Samak seems to have it a about right.

When we built our house the tradesmen got 200 a day, the laborers 150 and the women helpers 100B. (When I found one of the women carting bricks and mixing mortar I got her a raise though).

The local copper who doesn't seem to be very high ranking, he's 40+, gets about 12,000 a month and my wifes niece who's university educated and works for Air Asia pulls about 28,000 a month.

Her sister who teaches in Bangkok get about 15,000 a month and has accommodation provided at the school.

Salaries are certainly going up tho', at least higher up the food chain. I have recently seen ads for senior executives with salaries in the B200-300k/mo range. And these positions were for Thai only, advertised in Thai language!

Also, I see signs (in Thai) on Cowboy advertising for servers (B6k/mo), regular dancers (B8-12K/mo) and showgirls (B12-14k/mo). And on 33 for B10-15k/mo for hostesses.

IT people with one+ year experience seem to be in the B25k/mo range per friends in that biz. More if at all competent (cuz they're hard to find).

My maid (not live in) gets B2500/mo for two days a week work (laundry & general cleaning). I think she has three customers like me. Not bad for part time work.

Oh yeah. Regular bar/restaurant (no barfining available) type place. At a fairly large popular expat-type place (not a hotel), I dunno salaries (would guess B7-8k/mo as the staff are *very* loyal), but I do know that the monthly share of tips was almost B5k a couple of months ago (I saw the paperwork and deposit sheets).

Cheers,

SD

Archived