Cebu

OK guys, going there in a few weeks and know nothing about it.

I have to stay at the Marriott, so that's covered. And ata corporate rate of less than 3700 pesos a night, it seems to be a good deal.

What about travel from the airport? Are there meter cabs & airport limos, or just the gypsy/negotiate-your-fare type cabs (meaning I'd be better off getting a car from the hotel to pick us up). Cost is not a concern, just ease of use as I'll be travelling with a complete newbie to Asia.

Nightlife nearby the hotel (prolly none)?

Transport within town?

Recommended restaurants, pubs, things to do (even tho' this is a biz trip and likely will not have time to do them)?

Any boardies there?

Cheers,

SD

ISG suggests there is some action there. Sure when you get there the locals would be better placed with info on who, whoops!, what to do. Pretty much everywhere I have ever been in PI, maybe a couple of dozen different places, but never Cebu, would have to say that place for place there is maybe more action than up country Thailand.

I've had a couple of trips there and it's not one of the highlights of the Philippines.

I met up with an Aussie ex Vietnam guy who showed me the seedier side of town which seemed to consist of about 90% of it.

The street scene is particularly gross and one woman offered me a "massage" for 20 pesos, about 15B.

I strongly suggest that if you are there on business you accept any invitations offered for a night out by Philipino businessmen.

Like in Thailand they will know all the best bars and nightclubs.

Apart from Cebu City the island is quite nice, with beaches and resorts to be visited.

Regardless of what you maybe told the New Peoples Army, one of the World's last Communist guerrilla forces, is still active on the island but have not shot a tourist for a number of years.

A part from that, enjoy. If you have a couple of days free fly down to Angeles City, there is a direct flight, or was when I was there.

(My judgment may be colored a little by the fact I caught Chlamydia there).

Cebu has lots of fun waiting for you if you know where to go. There are many streets in Cebu City as well as on Mactan Island lined up with clubs for the tourist. There are many large discos where you can get free lancers or regular ladies that will be happy to go for free with a tourist. Try Sunflower Disco or Nassau Disco both close by the Marriott 5 minutes by taxi. Sunflower is on Salinas Drive near the New Waterfront Hotel. Jaguar Club is a high end KTV with take out and lots of hotties but more on the high end of pricing for Cebu. maybe 4000 to 5000 pesos, and 200 cover charge. Go on www.cebuclubreviews.com and there you will find maps and listings for most strip clubs in the city. You can also hire a driver very cheap there they will pick you up any time and bring you home at any time waiting outside each club till you leave. They will know all places to take you, and you can negotiate very low prices for the night, I think I paid 1000 for about 8 to 10 hours. There is also Finnland Massage and other massage places in town.I think you can find alot of cheap fun in Cebu just ask around its everywhere, and easy to get for free.

Cebu City has several gogo bars with format and prices similar to gogos in Thailand. My favorites are:

Lone Star (Queens Road), Black Hole & Vikings (next to each other on Mango Ave), and Silver Dollar (Jones Ave). Silver Dollar has happy hour prices from 4pm to 9pm. Beer P35, lady drink P100, + 10% VAT. A popular early-hours place where I often relax after work. Nearly all taxi drivers know these places. Taxis will use the meter unless it is a trip from the airport, fixed rate of about P350, I think.

Rich local men go to Arena. Worth a visit if you have $ to burn.

There are many bikini bars downtown that cater to locals. Usually a single dancer on the stage. Very run-down establishments. I rarely visit them.

Hope that helps.

My mate just got back from Cebu, as he was there to see his GF, he only had a few p4p opportunities.

From what he says the girls and bars are many and easy to find, for an experienced monger, no worries.

also as of August '07:

A bar strip in Mango Avenue.

There are 13 bars there.

THe Viking group of bars are all next to each other owned by Erik.

Black Hole and Asain Flower are next owned by Martin

Sisters owned by an Indian from New Zealand

On the other side Paplilon and ...

Love city is targeted towards asians

around the corner is Stars

There are two bars close by.

Club somthing

Lone Star is worth including

There is Silver Dollar in Osmenia along with what used to be Fire House but is now called Fashion House which is OK if you can find it.

Worth a visit are two new bars in Mindaue. There are as good anything you will find in AC. They are Egypt and Bounty.

disclaimer - not my info - but should be reliable

Cheers

Coss

Archived