Downloading YouTube Vids

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VLC, or Video Lan is a good FLC player, but you can't manually fast forward, sadly, Real Player (I use the BBC version as it's less spyware installed I am told) is better for FLC files than Video Lan, my fav player.

After you've installed "unplug" you'll get a green fish icon on your toolbar.

When you have FULLY played a video, or it has COMPLETELY buffered, then click the icon, a new page opens and "unplug" will suggest which file it is you want.

click the blue rectangle with "save" insode and rename the file whatever you want to call it, remember keep the extension .flv

Thanks to everybody for their input so far. Gotta tell ya, before I sent off the original post, I downloaded a "free" download program off a site listed as the result of a google search. The fucking thing was L-O-A-D-E-D with spyware and adware. My friggin McAfee didn't catch the stuff and I'm amazed at how much other stuff it didn't catch over the last few months. Amazing this puter still works. Anyway, used a trial version of "SuperAntiSpy" and it cleaned stuff up pretty well. Off to the store and see abot getting Spyware Doctor. SD...no doubt that your recommendation works well. However, NanaHunter's warning makes me a bit gun shy right now.

Thanks again everybody.

HH-hunkering down in his bunker before venturing over to Best Buy or CompUSA.

I just clicked on that link for a test drive as I have about 350G left open on my HD and Norton went nuts advising me no to download the file?????

Norton? Well, there's your problem. What a piece of shit program that is!

Regards,

SD

Archived